Help me lay out basement bathroom waste lines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help me lay out basement bathroom waste lines

make sure the 2" wye is turned up on a 45 or the dry portion of your vent will get clogged and then there really isn't any way of cleaning it out.

Comment

Well, now you changed it.

It's not a wet loop anymore.

The 2" wye can't lay flat. It must be rolled up on at least a 45.

Comment

Yeah, sweatthepipe, I had to go with the other option.
        To use the lav pipe as a wet vent for all three fixtures would be theoretically legal. BUT, with my specific layout, the lav pipe would have had to ride OVER the cast iron, then drop down several inches to join up with the others. So the elevation drop was too steep of a pitch.
        And thanks guys for correcting my wye angle.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          there was a homeowner last week that posted a great series of pictures and asked tons on questions. he did a class a job on his own house layout. only issue was a flat vent on his toilet and he got mixed reviews of it.

as a do it yourselfer, he did a professional job.
          Thanks a lot Rick I really appreciate that.
          It seems to have worked out just fine for me and all I can say to the OP is listen to these guys here, I tried to do exactly what they said and it worked out so far for me.
          Like Rick said, I used a flat vent and about half of the guys here absolutely hate flat vents and the other half said they work just fine.

One other thing I learned from a few different plumbers that I spoke to about my project was that it is perfectly fine to "dive" your waste line into a connection of some kind (wye or combi) where the drop is several inches, what you have to remember is that the main waste line then immediately resumes the 1/4" per foot slope and thats the part that matters the most.
          I was told you dont want to have several feet of waste line that slopes more than 1/4" per foot as the water runs faster than the poo-poo and the poo-poo gets left behind. So, run the waste line in question at 1/4" per foot to your main waste line THEN "dive" it into the main waste line using a 1/8th bend or something like that, that way the dive is short and sweet and the poo-poo wont know the difference.

One thing I was noticing in your picture is you are using white plastic pipe for your drains? is that PVC? I always thought you wanted to use ABS for drains, especially in concrete?

I am so NOT a plumber so anything I tell you is from my homeowner Harry point of view......keep that in mind.....but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Comment

I use PVC when I can.It stays more uniform(straight) during instalation.ABS I fill up with water before shading to keep it straight,especially in the heat of direct sunlight.

Comment

Working...
            X