Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there off-set sink drain control levers?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there off-set sink drain control levers?

I had my old bathroom vanity top replaced w/ granite and undermount sinks. The guy doing the plumbing said the new undermount sinks are deeper and hang lower, so there wasn't enough clearance to operate the sink drains by the lever system below. Is there a way around the problem or will I have to live w/ sinks whose drains can not be operated by the pull lever adjacent to the faucet?

Re: Are there off-set sink drain control levers?

Originally posted by RoseRx View Post
    I had my old bathroom vanity top replaced w/ granite and undermount sinks. The guy doing the plumbing said the new undermount sinks are deeper and hang lower, so there wasn't enough clearance to operate the sink drains by the lever system below. Is there a way around the problem or will I have to live w/ sinks whose drains can not be operated by the pull lever adjacent to the faucet?
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

a picture of your situation will help out

but typically the pop up assy is a pretty simple linkage.

the lift rod is the one ontop of the spout you pull. that's attached to a strap with a series of adjustable holes and a set screw. the strap is then connected to the pop up rod and ball. this is the one that actually operates the stopper. usually it's just adjusting and sometimes a couple of 45 degree bends in the perforated strap will allow for a proper connection. the ball and rod is tensioned by the nut at the pivot point of the pop up assy

easy to understand when you've done thousands

look at an exisiting sink to get the idea.

post a picture and it will be easy to walk you through.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        mark, you took the easy way out

post count

pictures are great, words are stronger

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

Thanks for the reply. I don't know if I can get a could clear picture of the problem, since it's pretty cramped down below there, but I will give it a shot.

Glenn

Comment

I'm guessing that the problem is with lowered sinks - the drain is now too high in the wall.

The best way, of course, would have been to lower the drain in the wall. There are many older drains that were too high to begin with.

There are two issues here: one is the lever assembly that will hit the drain when in the lower position. The other is getting a trap hooked up when the pop-up assembly hangs lower than the drain.

One solution may be something like this Kohler K-7700 clicker drain:

Since it has no lever, there would be no problem with that. All basin drains are going to have some space used for threads to attach with.

Comment

Working...
            X