X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this correct?

I moved the toilet from the left side of the picture to the right. I used a band to attach to the cast on the right and a bushing that goes over the pvc and into the bell of the cast on the right. For the vent I used the original toilet vent, top right. Two things concern me about this project; 1 - that I allowed my girlfriend to talk me into it!! 2 - the layout of the vent.

Thanks in advance - hopefully there is an electrical the equal of this, as my plumbing is nearly complete and my electrical yet to begin.

Sean
    Attached Files

Re: Is this correct?

Apparently I am incapable of properly noting right form left. On the right I connected to the cast with the visible clamp. On the bottom left (out of the picture) I used a bushing that went over the pvc and into a bell on an elbow of the cast.
    Thanks,
    Sean

Comment

In KY this would never pass; that low-heel 90 if you're using that as a drain for another fixture, big no-no. If a vent only, that flat vent will clog.

That is showing two wet vents which are not allowed in my state.

Your state might allow this kind of plumbing. Others will chime in.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Nope.

Can't use 90's on their side in the ground. Has to be a sweep 9O. You have a regular 90 and it looks like a couple of vent 90's.

Can't run a flat vent in the ground.

Need a shear band over that fernco coupling.

Can't use a Sanitary Tee on it's back like that.

You need to start over.
        Last edited by sweatthepipe; 02-03-2008, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Is that a heeled 90?

I thought it was a 4" Tee with a bushing.

I must be goin blind.

So that is all 3"?

With a 2" wet vent?

If so, still can't use 90's like that. Still need a shear band.
          Last edited by sweatthepipe; 02-03-2008, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Please stick with me as I have no idea what most of what you just said means. The 1.5" in the picture is vent only, there are no appliances draining to it. It vents the bathroom vanity and this toilet only. Explain the problem with the wye so that I can fix it.

Comment

It is all 3" and a heeled 90.

Comment

Where is the line for the lavy? Coming out of the tee in the floor?

Comment

Just out of the picture on the top right the 1.5" pvc is coupled to 1.5" galvanized with a banded coupling. That galvanized runs uninterrupted to a point above the highest fixture on the ground floor and then ties into the main stack. The old toilet on the left, you can see the half circle where I chipped it out, had a lead vent that came through the floor and into the galvanized. All I really did was change that configuration to the right and then tie back into that same 1.5' galvanized vent. I read that the toilet should have a 2" vent, however I am not willing to remove all the plaster on the ground floor to replace the 1.5" galvanized with 2" pvc.

All that being said, the fellow at the plumbing supply house, NOT HD, said that the clamp I'm burying should NOT be banded. He said only the thicker non banded ones should be buried, even showed be the difference in the thickness of the neoprene in the two. I suppose that now you are all going to tell me that he was smoking 5 dollar wacky weed. Oh well I can easily remedy that problem.

Thanks again for all your help,
                  Sean

Comment

Originally posted by ffsquints View Post
                    I moved the toilet from the left side of the picture to the right. I used a band to attach to the cast on the right and a bushing that goes over the pvc and into the bell of the cast on the right. For the vent I used the original toilet vent, top right. Two things concern me about this project; 1 - that I allowed my girlfriend to talk me into it!! 2 - the layout of the vent.

Thanks in advance - hopefully there is an electrical the equal of this, as my plumbing is nearly complete and my electrical yet to begin.

Sean
                    It is a little too late but you could have saved yourself a lot of work. All you really needed to do is cut the old trap arm and extend the new one to the new location along with a new closet bend. If it were me I would take out everything you just installed and go back to the old design with a new closet arm to the new location.

Mark

BTW: You are working under the International Codes.
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

If the lavy is the same as the vanity sink, it ties directly into the main stack just above the floor. Comes out of the stack turns 90 heads straight up, sanitary tee where the vanity ties in, vertical for a couple feet then 90 into the same 1.5" vent as the toilet.
                      Sean

Comment

you can see it at the very top of the picture.

Comment

Here is a picture of what it looked like before I started smashing things. Just to the left is where the toilet was originally. The left line into the concrete is goes about three feet horizontally in the concrete to the old lead toilet flange.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is one last picture!! This is the original layout, you can see where the original lead vent was in the concrete. I tried to figure out a way to move it utilizing this layout and it did not seem feasible. Since the location of the new toilet needed to be on the opposite side of the cast line. I have never responded to myself so much in my entire life. Thanks for your patience and help.

Thanks,
                            Sean
                            Attached Files

Comment

Alright. The new pictures help a lot.

This will be an easy fix.

First, change the 3 x 1.5 90 to a 3 x 2 90.

Then, when running the 2", use long turn sweep 90's.

What you should do is eliminate the old lavy line. Cut it and cap it.

The new 2" line in the ground will now become the lavy line, and will wet vent the toilet. You can use a 2 x 1.5 x 1.5 san tee once your out of the slab to catch the lavy and then tie it in to the existing vent.

Also, don't forget the shear band on the 3" Fernco in the ground.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X