wall hung toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wall hung toilet

I'm dealing with a residential wall hung toilet(salmon in color) it's broke where the wax ring goes. Where in the world am I going to find a toilet of that nature?? Obviously not gonna find another salmon toilet, but still. Thought I would go ahead and change to a floor mount,but it's back to back toilets.

Re: wall hung toilet

Do you know who made the toilet?

Try taking a picture of the toilet, and either uploading to the forum, or take it to your local supply house.

Good Luck.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

It would be American Standard

Comment

Install a new nipple and use a fernco waxless gasket.

Comment

Here's a wall hung Eljer toilet-

http://www.remodelcenter.com/Product...asp?SID=115589

Here's a Glenwall, with a decent amount of color choices.

http://www.terrylove.com/wc/as/ascadetparf.htm
          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Bograt- I think the toilet itself(china) is broken, not the flange.

That's how I understood it atleast.
            Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Sorry, yes the toilet is broke underneath not the flange. but only 1/2 the area. It still seals,but customer wants replaced but not spend alot of $$

Comment

Sorry, yes the toilet is broke about half where seal goes. But does seal good. Customer wants replaced but not spen alot of $$$

Comment

Here in canada you cant install back to back unless you use a double wye and 45s not a double ty(on the vertical cause you might snake right through to the other toilet). salmon, wow that isnt a color that i would want..hahahahaha
                  if u cant bedazzle em with briliance, baffle em with bulls&*t

Comment

I want a salmon toilet and matching sink, with a green tub and yellow shower curtain..........then put the Led Zeppelin on the record player and away we gooooo.......

The shag carpet feels so good on my feet after I get out of the shower....the shower in the green tub....or maybe blue??
                    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I broke a wall hung residential once trying to get it off the wall, I told the customer the possibility before I yanked on it, it was buried in tile and grout, leaking, usless to the owner, I replaced it with the toilet that aaron mentioned, it was an exact match for the carrier.

I did have to sawcut the tile back though, if you have a drywall or plaster back, you should be fine.

I recommend cutting up the floor and running a 4 x 3 90 in the future and connect to the vent, eliminate the carrier,
                      sigpic

Robert

Comment

along with the beads hanging from the door frame, and the lava lamp fired up in the corner..... a matching blue lava lamp to your tub!!!!
                        if u cant bedazzle em with briliance, baffle em with bulls&*t

Comment

One of the pitfalls in breaking up a floor to replace a wall-hung toilet with a floor-mount is that sometimes the waste isn't deep enough beneath the floor to get it done. Just something to consider before starting such a project.

Comment

What's the application? Commercial, Institution/School, or elsewhere?

Floor mount might not be the best option, unless you mean a floor mount back flush but that will probably not mate up with the rough-in of the chair carrier. Don't forget to use the fiber washers and leave one of the bottom nuts just snug not tight or you will have another piece of junk china on your hands.
                            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
                            X