Center handle faucet shuts off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center handle faucet shuts off

I just installed a Price Phister single lever faucet in the kitchen sink a couple weeks ago. Now, I've noticed 2 things that I don't like.

1. If the water is only turned on only part way, the faucet will start to shut itself off. If it's only turned on a little, it will completely shut off. It's as though the weight of the handle is enough to shut it off. (It takes very little pressure)

2. Also, when I do try to shut it off, the water flow seems to shut off slowly...dripping for 5 or 10 seconds.

It seems like something is loose but I don't know what.

TIA

Re: Center handle faucet shuts off

kinda hard to remedy over the internet.

can you give me the model number or a picture of the faucet? where did you get it? big box store? the products sold at the big box stores can be defective coming out of the box.

please enclose a picture or a model number.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Thanks for the reply. If I did it correctly, it should show 2 symptoms...
      - water pressure declines, causing faucet to go from "spray" to "stream"
      - Long drip after shut off. at least I think it's long.

I couldn't get it to shut off by itself like my first post said...maybe I'm going crazy.

thanks

Comment

Home Depot Strikes Again.

Price Phister Phaucets are crap
        sigpic

Comment

Another winner of 10 lbs of crap in a 5 lb bag!!! Folks take my advice: You use your faucets and fixtures everyday, multiple times per day. Spend the money on good quality fixtures and ensure 10 - 15 years of service. These are not items to be cheap about!

Comment

Working...
          X