X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a Recirculating Pump

I'd like to add one. Adding the power is no problem, the plumbing is my question. Don't you need to run a return line from the end of the line back to the water heater and use that as your hot water "loop"?

Re: Adding a Recirculating Pump

Yes.

They make other systems for undercounter at the furthest sink.But for some reason I don't hear much about their success.

Comment

SUCCESS ??????? I installed one about 3 1/2 years ago in My slab home, works great. Set timer to give hot shower 5:00-7 am and 5-7pm. takes about 1 1/2 hrs to install. Grundfos
      home comfort is what You want.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        SUCCESS ??????? I installed one about 3 1/2 years ago in My slab home, works great. Set timer to give hot shower 5:00-7 am and 5-7pm. takes about 1 1/2 hrs to install. Grundfos
        home comfort is what You want.
        Which brand and model # Tool?

Comment

adam, costco sells one by watts/ grundfos. complete kit for $179.00

not a bad way to go for a retrofit install.

one day i'll take you shopping with me

your supply house sells them too. the grundfos comfort series is the one. it has the pump, timer, and mixing manifold.

the new systems, the pump installs on the heaters and the manifold on the farthest lav fixture. on the old it was all under the lav.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Yes Rick,I know my supply house has them.I saw them on display there 10 years ago...

Thanks for the bone on Cosco.

I'm glad these undercounter systems are being discussed.Are they reliable,are they an ins. liability because of dollar store manufacturing?

Many people have inquired about them.I don't care about installing the traditional loop and pump for thousands of dollars,If I ever crawl through a house it will be too soon.I just want something reasonable for my network of people.

Any other feedback on these units would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Ricks' got it right. the home comfort ,with timer attached. work's great. saves 16,000 gals a year for a family of 4 ,they claim. timer is mounted on pump.
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me Tool.

When the unit activates and draws the water from the hot and pushes it back into the cold to the water heater what type of lukewarm/hot water do you get,if any,when you want cold water only at that cabinet faucet fixture location.Or any others for that matter.

Why are service plumbers upgrading homes not installing these units all over town.Sounds like it would be a pretty cheap way for the homeowner to get fast hot water to their most frequently used fixture branch.

Comment

RICK...have you seen these recently at costco?
                  there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Hi,Adam. You do get some luke warm water out of cold, for a little while, when unit is on.
                    Early morn I let the kitchen sink run a little ,before filling the coffee pot. Not a problem for us,and customers have never complained. We have an Eichler home in Marin Co. Does get cold, 36degrees in winter morns. Early Showers would take for ever to get hot [1959 radiant ,no insulation on earth,then]. Home comfort screws directly on 6" brass riser off hot tap on W,H.
                    Of course You need an elec. outlet close by. Under fartherst vanity You install their 4 outlet plastic manifold. Two additional ss feeds are supplied by You.Without elec. I'm guessing ,once on site You'd be in and out in .1 1/2 hrs., top. I use to sell these ,to a lot of existing customers once I was on site. I'll start again, I'm slowing down [ 65 ]. Go get Em Adam.

Comment

Hot Water Lobster beats a pump!

Hot water recirculation systems are great, but I don't recommend a pump! I went through 2 pumps in 5 years! I found a much better product, the Hot Water Lobster Instant Hot Water Valve, for only $179.95! I recommend it over any other system! It’s pump free, uses no electricity, and creates no noise! I had to run electrical for the pumps, which were noisy, wasted electricity, and obviously didn’t last very long! I’ve had the Hot Water Lobster now for 3 years and it’s working perfectly! It works off of your existing plumbing, and was very easy to install! It took me literally 10 minutes! All I had to do was install it under the sink farthest form my water heater and now I have instant hot water throughout my entire house.

The Hot Water Lobster saves water, energy, and time! It’s made in the U.S.A., has a 10-year warranty, and a money back guarantee! You can't beat this product!

Here’s their site:
                      www.hotwaterlobster.com

Comment

Re: Hot Water Lobster beats a pump!

Originally posted by mrtony_357 View Post
                        Hot water recirculation systems are great, but I don't recommend a pump! I went through 2 pumps in 5 years! I found a much better product, the Hot Water Lobster Instant Hot Water Valve, for only $179.95! I recommend it over any other system! It’s pump free, uses no electricity, and creates no noise! I had to run electrical for the pumps, which were noisy, wasted electricity, and obviously didn’t last very long! I’ve had the Hot Water Lobster now for 3 years and it’s working perfectly! It works off of your existing plumbing, and was very easy to install! It took me literally 10 minutes! All I had to do was install it under the sink farthest form my water heater and now I have instant hot water throughout my entire house.

The Hot Water Lobster saves water, energy, and time! It’s made in the U.S.A., has a 10-year warranty, and a money back guarantee! You can't beat this product!

Here’s their site:
                        www.hotwaterlobster.com

Interesting, someone try this ont heir house and let me know if it works.

does it work on a multiple story ?????

I need someone that I know, tell me this works. It sounds good, kinda like someone elses idea I heard, written on a napkin one night.....
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

this looks like the by pass valve that's part of the grundfos/watts premier recirc. system. for fun, i disconnected the pump on my watts system, leaving the bypass valve in place. while it didn't work quite as well as it does with the pump on, the bypass valve on its own opened and closed as the standing water in the hot water pipe cooled and heated. and the bypass valve and fittings can be purchased for between $40 and $50.
                          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I'm extremely impressed with The Hot Water Lobster Instant Hot Water Valve! I am a plumber for Sears and Lowe's and I specialize in hot water heaters. I've had a Hot Water Lobster for 2 years now and recommend it over any other system! I've had a recirculation system in my home for 8 years. For the first 6 years I went through 2 pumps! They were costly, noisy, and did not last nearly as long as I hoped. I did some research and found The Hot Water Lobster, which is pump free and creates no noise. In my opinion it's a steal at $179.95!

This wonderful unit saves water, energy, and time! All you have to do is install the Hot Water Lobster under the sink farthest form your water heater and you'll have instant hot water throughout your entire home. It saves a lot of water that's normally wasted down the drain while waiting for hot water.

The company I am contracted by now offers the Hot Water Lobster to all of our customers! We have installed nearly 100 of these units with only positive results! It has a 10-year warranty, and is very easy to install. It takes me 5 to 10 minutes.

You can't beat this product! Check out the testimonials at their site:

http://www.hotwaterlobster.com/

Comment

I'm suddenly fighting an irrestistable urge to immediately purchase a Lobster "thingy"...must pray...to the great god of spam...for...strength.

Comment

Working...
                              X