Nope
    sigpic

Comment

Re: pvc glue

In a pinch I've heated DWV fittings using a heat gun with good results

Comment

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/pvcsaver.html

I have the 1-1/2", 2", and 3" bits that are at the bottom of the page. I've used the 2" bit once, and worked fine.

The only hint is to use a right angle drill, the bit needs the torque.

If your confused, you cut the pipe off flush with the hub, and drill the pipe out, so now in theory you have a 'fresh' hub to work with.
        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Actually pvc glue is not really glue but it fastens the two pieces of pvc together by "welding" or "melting" the two pieces together.

Comment

I have been able to break apart ABS fittings apart, they have to be old and it has to be done very carefully.

The fittings are not glued toghether, they are solvent welded toghether.

Depending on what you are doing, they make tools that will go inside of hubs, one by Pasco called a Ram Bit, to me they are junk and do not work well.
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

I have taken fittings apart but it was very labor intensive and only down because I was in an isolated area. I wouldn't recommend it.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

yeah it is crappy to do and time intensive but you could take your hacksaw blade out of your hack saw..... cut the pipe thats glued into the hub(cut right to the hub) then w a flat blade screw driver and a hammer drive it tween the pipe and the hub and work your way around till its loose.... only if your in Siberia and there is no wholesaler around.
                if u cant bedazzle em with briliance, baffle em with bulls&*t

Comment

Working...
                X