X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ethical/legal plumbing question

The real question really is, Did it meet the code at the time of completion? Meaning when the bathroom was installed was it correct? If so in most cases (not all) if you don’t touch it, it won’t be a problem. For example when I had my service panel upgraded from 100 to 200 amp I did not need to upgrade the non GFCI outlets on the outside of my home they met code at the time of construction. The same may apply to your plumbing, however the statement of "Do it right." But if I can get away with it, I won't do it right; I can't afford to. This is an issue that is a poor reflection of your own moral ethical standards.

Comment

This area is where I was raised. It's not uncommon to have a drum trap and no vent in old homes,there. And yes ,they drained just fine.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Just put a bid on a job in Piedmont, mostly just removing and replacing misc. piping from 2 bathrooms to allow for structural reinforcement (EBMUD water main break in street washed foundation out). Existing condition of both of these bathes:

S trap on sinks (x2) no vent
        capped combo on shower vent (terminated in crawl.)
        no toilet vents.
        No trap or vent on Laundry(toilets probably vent here)

Had inspector out to see what if anything is grandfathered, his response.

You touch it, make it right.

turned something relatively localized, turned it into tearing into finished walls on both levels of this home.

I would hate to be this HO, I am sure this is going to be an insurance nightmare.

Greg

Comment

I'm in Marin Co. E Bay Mud will pay,not to worry
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
          X