hot water recirculating system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hot water recirculating system

Man - I asked about this a few months ago and expressed concern about "cross-connection" of hot and cold (granted - for a very short time). No one said a word about it.
    So - perhaps it is a concern with these under sink add-ons?
    Loop system with a check valve at water heater only thing that makes sense to me. (Doesn't help with a re-tro fit though).
    Am I missing anything else?

Comment

West coast - Awesome Grundfos picture. Thats exactly what I plan to do except pex. Your copper piping is immaculate (I mean that). Is the wiring a pc. of 12-2 Outdoor Plastic? This would fail here. Almost certain would have to be BX or conduit and probably GFI Breaker or Receptacle? Whish I could solder like that! Mine always has those DIY-er "drips" all over it!

Comment

Question?? you talk about cross connection of hot and cold water lines like it is a life or death issue! what about a Tempering valve? is that not a cross connection between the hot and cold also?
        ________
        VAPORIZER VOLCANO
        Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 03:36 PM.
        Mike

Comment

I sumtimes rinse my teeth or whatever in shower but rarely drink the shower water. I thought hot water tanks create some pretty nasty toxics. Maybe not life or death.

Comment

Working...
          X