Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How are the relining processes?

bill, you have a very short run.

our responsibilities here in l.a. are all the way to the city saddle connection. typically the center of the street.

draw a line from man hole to manhole and your connection is the perpendicular intersection of this line.

what was the total distance from the c/o to the city saddle?

your grass is dying

tell your buddy to get a k-60 to go with his gorlitz. he will love it.

let me know when you're throwing the next barbeque, once you install the 4''c/o. i'll bring my k-60 and a fellow cnc machinist. you guys can talk shop and i'll get down and dirty. actually i'll also bring "drtyhands" so he can test drive the k-60.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      Bill, thanks for the pictures. this is what we all like to see to properly diagnose the issues.

as all have already said, your roots are nothing and the pipe is in good alignment.

the real issue is the 3'' 2 way c/o. you have a combination of 4'' pipe and 6'' at sidewalk to city saddle. or at least that what we have just north of you.

a good jetter will easily clean this up to a perfect system. how long will it last without root treatment is really up to how fast your roots can grow back.

it's very good that you have the distance on your dvd. this is where i would concentrate my jetter or a set of cutters.

my advise is to install a proper 4'' twin riser clean out. i see very little wrong with the cast/ reverse direction. but if you need a reverse cleaning this would be the time to do it.

once the c/o is installed. then it will be simple to guide my cutters to the proper distance and work the roots. or a jetter with a warthog can cut this without an issue.

of course you can install the rootx and give that a shot. it doesn't happen overnight, but will kill immediately. decomposing does take time.

overall it's no where as bad as you originally described.

p.s. joey and i have an annual pass to your zoo and wild animal park. we were there 3 weeks ago

my k-60 can easily be stashed in my overnight bag and joey will never know

my jetter might be ruff as she will think a trailer is tailgating all the way from los angeles

at this point, rootx is the cheapest fix. 4'' twin riser c/o is the next best solution. lining is the most expensive option and at this point, you're not there yet.

rick.
      Thanks, Rick.

Yeah it is a world class zoo. But I just go to work......they pay ME to go there, the zoo wants me to pay them!

My guy has mentioned installing the 4" riser so that he can get a 4" blade in there and do a better job. I think I'll call him and get that going. He says he can cut the slab and replace the bad joint under there for about $800, but I don't want to go there unless I have no other choice.

He doesn't have a jetter set-up to my knowledge, but sounds like it would be very effective on my drain, especially on the ones that are 20' out and beyond, those are in the clay under the street.

I was responding to another post when you posted, take a look at the root wad in my post just before your last one. I do hope the ficus next door is not the "root" of the problem.

I wish you COULD drag your trailer down here next time you're in town! But you can't make Joey mad. If Mama's not happy, ain't nobody happy!
      Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Cheenist View Post
        But you can't make Joey mad. If Mama's not happy, ain't nobody happy!
        Exactly!
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Cheenist View Post
          I hope that ficus tree in the background ain't the culprit. You can see where it's lifted the wall and the driveway. But then why would it not go for THEIR sewer?
          ficus arevery bad about entering any water/sewer line/, etc that has a brak or void. here we also deal with mahogany, flamboyant, rubber, and mango to name a few.

it looks to me the line isn't getting ceared or the roots will not come back that fast. not even inthe tropics does that happen. BTW, you live near a nuclear power plant or something? that could explain the growth

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

That guy cleaning your sewer looks like Gear Junkie.............

You have a small amount of problems, have someone in your area run a hydro jetter and a camera, or rootx.

I believe that the line is properly cleaned due to the amount of roots that I see laying on your grass. Thanks to a drum machine
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
              BTW, you live near a nuclear power plant or something? that could explain the growth

steve
              I think it must be all the vitamins I take!!
              Bill

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                That guy cleaning your sewer looks like Gear Junkie.............

You have a small amount of problems, have someone in your area run a hydro jetter and a camera, or rootx.

I believe that the line is properly cleaned due to the amount of roots that I see laying on your grass. Thanks to a drum machine
                Yeah, I think he's doing the best he can, given the situation. I think the next plan is to have him replace the buried property clean-out to allow a larger blade, and apply Root-X.

Question: Would any of the plumbing business sell me some Root-X if I walked in? Or, would Root-X want verification if I ordered from them?
                Bill

Comment

i buy Root X at a supply house and they have never asked me. You can also get it on Ebay for about the same price
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                    i buy Root X at a supply house and they have never asked me. You can also get it on Ebay for about the same price
                    Thanks, Gene!
                    Bill

Comment

You can buy RootX online at www.newtechbio.com. I am not a plumber, they will sell to anyone.

Comment

I called about a re-line for about 50' and this was the thing that convinced me to do it myself with SDR-35 Gasketed Pipe 4".
                        Would have cost $11,000 to re-line. I probably spent less than $2,000 including pipe materials pea gravel & small rental backhoe.
                        I would only recommend if flat lot, good access and not deeper than 8' to St. Main.
                        I wouldn't have attempted this if a neighbor hadn't told me how "easy it is" and he would help me. Of coarse the morning the machine arrived he called and said he forgot about a work thing so I was on my own!
                        It was a long couple of days but saved $9K or so! (Yes - it was permitted and inspected) You want to see the counter "anti-help" at your local BO office roll their eyes go in and ask for a side sewer permit and tell them you are doing it yourself!
                        The more they tell me no the more I want to go just to show them how full of it they are!
                        Pretty soon if people don't fight the absolute arrogance and contempt city hall has for a DIY person you will loose the ability to do any work on your own property. Its already almost impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Stormin View Post
                          I called about a re-line for about 50' and this was the thing that convinced me to do it myself with SDR-35 Gasketed Pipe 4".
                          Would have cost $11,000 to re-line. I probably spent less than $2,000 including pipe materials pea gravel & small rental backhoe.
                          I would only recommend if flat lot, good access and not deeper than 8' to St. Main.
                          I wouldn't have attempted this if a neighbor hadn't told me how "easy it is" and he would help me. Of coarse the morning the machine arrived he called and said he forgot about a work thing so I was on my own!
                          It was a long couple of days but saved $9K or so! (Yes - it was permitted and inspected) You want to see the counter "anti-help" at your local BO office roll their eyes go in and ask for a side sewer permit and tell them you are doing it yourself!
                          The more they tell me no the more I want to go just to show them how full of it they are!
                          Pretty soon if people don't fight the absolute arrogance and contempt city hall has for a DIY person you will loose the ability to do any work on your own property. Its already almost impossible.
                          As long as the house is leveled when you leave it.I don't care what you do

Too many people don't have a clue and end up making a mess for others to clean up.

I understand your abilities and congratulate you on doing a good job.
                          Last edited by drtyhands; 03-04-2008, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                            As long as the house is leveled when you leave it.I don't care what you do

Too many people don't have a clue and end up making a mess for others to clean up.

I understand your abilities and congratulate you on doing a good job.
                            Dido
                            THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

you may want to look into other forms of trenchless lining. If you have connections coming into the line, you do not want a full liner. PipePatch would be a cost effective approach. The best thing you could do for this application is cut the roots and seal them off with the Patch. The resin is inert and will not harm the tree, however, with the root hairs freshly cut, the resin will seal them off. Relining in CA goes for about $6,000. You could probably get a certified PipePatch Installer to do the job for about $2,000 - $3,000...depending on how many root intrusions you have. Feel free to contact me and I will help anyway I can.

Comment

spamalamadingdong
                                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X