Recommend a PEX press?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a PEX press?

I am a remodeler and am in the market for a PEX crimping tool. What are you guys using? I do enough bath and kitchen jobs that require small repairs and reroutes that I want to start using PEX to make the job a little easier.

Re: Recommend a PEX press?

Uponor \ Wirsbo
    sigpic

Comment

i use crimp pex and love it i have used both crimp and wirsbo and crimp is way easier, fool proof, and quicker (oops should be careful my wife is coming and she is the uponor rep)
      how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

The only problem with crimp pex is that quite a few inspectors in our area are not allowing it due to the section of the code that says fittings shall not have a shoulder or restriction and most of the Viega, Watts and Stadtler fittings all restrict quite a bit. It is going to come up at the next board meeting for review so we'll *** see where it goes from there. Like you I started out with copper crimp rings and then I went to the Stadtler stainless steel rings and I also have Watts tools. I think crimp is definatly a bit faster and easier for a novice to get the hang of.
        sigpic

Comment

I re-piped my new remodel from St. meter in. Wirsbo seemed like best system to me because can be 90% plastic if you want. Their hand tool can barely do the 1" expantions. I thought I would break it. BUT - Seamless 1" Pipe from meter to W. Tank branch off only requires (4) 1" fittings to be done.
          The 3/4" & 1/2" Are a breeze. I like the 3 & 4 branch plastic manifolds.
          Yeah the tool is expensive (About 2- 3 hours worth of hiring a plumber)Sell it for $100 when done with it.
          I can't even imagine what I would have been charged to install this stuff. Everyone tells me that Plumbers here charge more for it even though materials way less than copper!
          My understanding is that Cal. is the only place not allowing it. Buy a boat or m home and it will be plumbed with PEX.
          IF - it fails like everyone seems to hope it will then how did my Plumbing Permit & ICC "help me". Anyone who thinks that they care about anything other than collecting money for books, mandating things that you are forced to buy is just fooling themselves!

Comment

Working...
          X