X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cutting cast Iron pipes??

Originally posted by Evil Gopher View Post
    First off..thank u everyone.

WC Plumber...u had me scared with the red dot part...but I had adult supervison...sooo was going to call the guy up...were both on call this weekend..Im HVAC on call ...

Duck Butter.....I know he was not playing with me for 3 reasons.

1. He's a commision guy..so my time comes out of his check...

2. I've delivered some of the cast iron sawzall blades too him on other jobs..and wathced him use them.

3. Since weve been slow spent a lot of time over the last few months cleaning..orgnaizeing the shop and trucks. to get my hours...and Kknow for sure I have NOT seen a soil pipe cutter until I looked it up today...around the shop....and owner is a pack rat....sooo IF shop ever had one it would be in the "hole" as we call it...and I've speen a lot of days organizeing the hole...

I have an my own 4 1/2" I belive angle grinder....have to pick up a good blade for it....just not willing to cough up the $$ I've seen the soil pipe cutters listed for out of my own pay check....I spend more that I should on power tools and HVAC tools....we run into enough cast iron to justafy a $25 blade out of my pocket...but not a $100-200 soil pipe cutter....

I was thinking about a port a band saw I've seen them on e-bay for under $100....but the grinder blade sounds like a winner.

Again thank u everyone!

Sorry about the red dot and safe footage crap, it is hard to get sarcasm to show through text other then posting a large amount of

You will be very happy with the grinder and diamond blade. excellent choice mr gopher
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Well, at this point I'm just but yes, get a diamond blade for the grinder, it works great, and on clay, and on tile and wonderboard when that comes up.... I even used mine to whack a chunk of bent bumper off a buddy's van that kept his door from opening... abuse the heck out of it I have and can't seem to hurt mine.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
        Sorry about the red dot and safe footage crap, it is hard to get sarcasm to show through text other then posting a large amount of

You will be very happy with the grinder and diamond blade. excellent choice mr gopher
        After I read it realized was jokeing...but for a few min was goign what red dot...no one told me about red dot...must be a calf thing...we do things our own way down south

Lets se if this pic post.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X