2.5 od cast to 2"pvc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5 od cast to 2"pvc

I am puttin a new pvc tee under the slab in the basement shower, but I have a question
    The old cast I am joining to is 2.5" in OD while the pvc is about 2.3. I bought 2" band clamps for the job, the pvc fits but it does not look right on the cast, is there a different type of clamp I should be using that will fit 2" pvc to 2" cast with a 2.5" od?

I hope that made sense, and tia for any advice

Re: 2.5 od cast to 2"pvc

They have shielded cplgs with red labels at the supply house.

You need a 2" CP Band. It is a 2" shielded cplg, like a n.h. band but it is thicker on the rubber that goes on the cast iron pipe and 2" on the side that connects to the PVC.

CP 22, 2" cast by 2" plastic No Hub Band
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Get a 2" No Hub x PVC adapter. use a regular 2" band and you'll have the pvc hub to glue your pipe to.

Comment

The old cast iron pipe has different outside diameters than our typical no-hub pipe.So the "Mission" brand CP22 or CP33 for three inch cast to plastic tends to deform.The same manufacture makes many different types of couplings for disimiliar od's.You may end up using the copper/plastic and forcing it onto the prepaired cast.Depending on your jurisdiction you may not need the shielded coupling at all.Then you could just use the homeowners favorite fixall,the "FERNCO"

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          The old cast iron pipe has different outside diameters than our typical no-hub pipe.So the "Mission" brand CP22 or CP33 for three inch cast to plastic tends to deform.The same manufacture makes many different types of couplings for disimiliar od's.You may end up using the copper/plastic and forcing it onto the prepaired cast.Depending on your jurisdiction you may not need the shielded coupling at all.Then you could just use the homeowners favorite fixall,the "FERNCO"
          Fernco's would be a much better choice then the new couplings I saw on an above ground sewer system (yes, thats ABOVE GROUND) this weekend. It's a new type of coupling put out by 3-M. It's called duct tape. One size..err..roll fits all.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            Then you could just use the homeowners favorite fixall,the "FERNCO"
            Adam, buddy...you gotta do something 'bout that dam cat!

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              Fernco's would be a much better choice then the new couplings I saw on an above ground sewer system (yes, thats ABOVE GROUND) this weekend. It's a new type of coupling put out by 3-M. It's called duct tape. One size..err..roll fits all.
              Ok, now I know we had a chat 'bout not replacing drainage when not necessary...but there's a line.
              How the heck did it get installed that way??

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                Ok, now I know we had a chat 'bout not replacing drainage when not necessary...but there's a line.
                How the heck did it get installed that way??
                Burnham Maine. If you only knew you would understand. Burnham Maine is explanation enough. This town is famous for one thing and one thing only, pot! They call it Burnham red eye. Commonly referred to as wheelchair weed.
                My best friends "septic system" in the same town consists of a 55gal drum that had the hell shot out of it with a 12 Gage and laid to rest in the ground. No leach field or anything, just a shot up 55gal drum. It's been 3 years and still running fine. No running water (they use a bucket to flush). I laughed my a## off when he presented his plan. Only in Burnham *rolls eyes, shakes head*
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
                X