Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey guys i really need help really!!!!its about the power spin tool it snaped off

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey guys i really need help really!!!!its about the power spin tool it snaped off

Edsan, can you post some pics so we know what you are talking about?

Comment

Re: Hey guys i really need help really!!!!its about the power spin tool it snaped off

Edsan91,

There is a very common mis-conception that the cable actually attaches to something inside the drum. Technically is does not! Follow these steps to get your tool working again:

1. Remove the bracket on the rear of the drum by removing the 3 screws.
      2. Feed the cable through the rear of the drum.
      3. Grab the cable by hand, bend and feed it back into the drum so that it coils around the drum (either direction is fine).
      4. Feed at least 2-3 feet back into the drum by pushing it into the drum from the front.
      5. Re-attach the bracket on the rear of the drum from step 1.
      6. Connect the handle or attach your drill and feed cable back into the drum by spinning the drum counter clockwise and holding the feed trigger on the front of the tool.

Please remember in the future there is nothing connecting the cable to the drum. The torque of the cable being wound inside the drum is what provides the force to allow the cable to rotate when the drum is turned. If there is not enough cable wound inside the drum to provide this torque you will need to repeat these steps to regain control of the cable.

Comment

Re: i need help with a tool that snaped off.the tool is the Ridgid Power spin

Originally posted by papadan View Post
        CRAPPY, Answer the mans question or leave him the hell alone! You badgered him enough in the other thread and you don't have a clue about his problem!
        Lighten up and laugh a little or if you feel so inclined why don't you answer his question.
        THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

LOL, craps, that cracked me up.

Ok then, now, interesting thing, I was at JmMkinney today, buying Rootx and a new expandable blade, a handyplumberman went in there, he has 2 of these power spins, he cleans drains with them for $25 a pop.

He broke his and was complaining cause home depot will exchange it for a new one.

I laughed and told him those Power spins were for home owners, not real plumbers.

Good product, but they are for home owners, not professionals.
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Curses, just when I finally figured out the affordable way to break into drain cleaning.

Comment

I WAS kidding...seen 'em at HD...right next to the handy dandy hand held windup toy snakes...those are cute.

Comment

The thing goes next to the other thing. No, not that thing, the other thing.

Comment

Roflmao..... spasming.... can brely tpye....

"thingy" lolol

ty crappy you made my night
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Thanks Tech man.Good to see that finally someone helped me.I beilive that alot of poeple have had this problem too.Anyway thanks for helping unlike otther poeple that didnt help and joked well thats them.Some poeple can be jerks oh and im 16 years old.And yes I can type good just that I was in a hurry.I posted this so that i can get information for my dad because he was using the tool and the cable got detached.And i came here for HELP thanks again Tech .man

Comment

Glad they helped you out edsan.

Have a good one,

josh

Comment

Working...
                      X