X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basement Bathroom layout

Hi, I am installing a full bath in my basement. The existing roughin is not in the right location but a dedicated vent is provided. Attached is my first attempt of laying out the plumbing. Does this look ok? The vent will go back accross the room and tie back into the roughin vent. Should I tie in another vent for the Lav? Any advise would be great. Thanks!!!
    Attached Files

Re: Basement Bathroom layout

No vent on the shower trap arm

That solo vent between the shower and toilet is most likely a flat vent, guaranteed to be clogged

The water closet isn't vented

The lavatory is not vented

When you flush that water closet and the waste water rushes pass that lav opening, that drain will talk/gurgle because it's trying to siphon the trap.

In KY every drain must have a vent coming off the intersection of the trap arm and drain stack within alloted distances for pipe size.

Your system will have issues down the road, starting with that flat vent sealing off, toilet flushes and the shower drain working as a way to pull air for the flushing of the water closet.

Not good as that entire system will slowly become a drain cleaner's heaven, constantly trying to keep it open.

If flat vents/wet vents are legal in your area, doesn't make it right...
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

For me the drawing is'nt clear enough. Is that a flat vent or is it vertical? Hard to tell but if its as drawn as it looks you should take Dumbar's advice.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Do I Wye the WC and shower with a vent to wall? Is my second try attached better? Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

The vent in the first drawing routes to the wall then up the wall and ties into the roof vent. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BUKE View Post
            Thanks for the comments. Do I Wye the WC and shower with a vent to wall? Is my second try attached better? Thanks

Perfect if those vents turn vertical at point of intersection with the drains.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Thanks very much Dunbar. The vents do turn vertical. One last question...The lav ties into the new 3 inch real close to the Wye with the 4 inch, would it be better if I tie my Lav to the existing 4 inch seperately? Thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X