For those that wonder why we care

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: For those that wonder why we care

dirtyhands, look man. i do not have a problem with the code,or the testing yimes or standers.
    what i have a problem with is this....... if a gas gauge, drops [more tan the 3 - 4 lbs for ambient changes] [they rise also,sunny]. over a period of time, that to do noihing. is unprofessional and malpratice. a gas system that is tight should not drop in pressure. if it does there is a leak. plan and simple. no arguement in the test procedure. no arguement, with the code
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    in a nut shell,
    if you see a gauge, 1 week after inspection, it has dropped 25 lbs. on a 30 lb test
    do you do nothing? it passed the test.
    that pipe has a leak..............
    I like it like that !
    and, It's like that now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Heres what matters----- i test the piping system the way the gas company wants and i have no problems--if it holds, great---if it leaks, fix it-----

putting a system on a week long test is a waste--too many problem variables----someone hits gauge or opens valve and quickly closes without telling a soul and u think theres a leak---
      expansion/ contraction-issue .

If u test the way your gas provider wants, you should have no problems---they are given these rules by a public utilities commission and they want a safe environment , which is why they set the rules where they do---leave the code the way it is -- it works, why screw with it???

Comment

We test at 3psi or 1-1/2 times working pressure, whichever is higher.

We are required to use a guage that goes no more than ten psi, this enables us to see the tiniest drops in pressure over short periods of time.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
          We test at 3psi or 1-1/2 times working pressure, whichever is higher.

We are required to use a guage that goes no more than ten psi, this enables us to see the tiniest drops in pressure over short periods of time.
          Same for us

Gauge must be graduated in tenths of pounds as well

No longer want to see a Mercury gauge

Comment

so you are not testing under upc.? or are on a third party testing job. when i worked big jobs, prisons,highschools,airports. we had 3rd party. but was still required to test under upc. which is 30 psi for low and 60 for med/high.
            the only place i use 100 psi, is when there is a leak. to find it make that sucker sin
            I like it like that !
            and, It's like that now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Frodo,
              I'm sorry,I can't stay cool on this one.I'm tapping out after this.I put in way too much pipe to entertain.I'm uncomfortable with a guy coming on my job and telling my project(no matter what size) manager that my approved and PROVEN testing is innadequate.I will raise hell.

The code addresses time for larger system.

I guess I'm the luckiest man alive to NEVER..EVER have to go back on any one my tens of thousands of joints that have been tested per code.

I appreciate your point of view and will remember it.

ADAM

Comment

Working...
              X