X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing Inspector Question?

Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 03-10-2010, 05:54 PM.

Re: Plumbing Inspector Question?

Between 8-4 I think is our window around here.

If you have a lil bit of work left on that final day, you turn the notch up and just hope your not his first stop.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

"They also serve that only stand and wait" Milton
      sigpic

Comment

With some fortitude and politeness most of the districts I work in can get me down to the hour.

This is only if the disfunctional idiot of a general contractor does not screw up the nutured relationship I try to develope in the city.I look for the opportunity to have something unique to call pertaining to the plans out of plan check.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing
          If I could get down to 1 hour that would be great. And I have always been nothing but respectful to all inspectors. But I almost lose it when I politely inform them when work will be complete and they simply reply "we don't give times. Period." I can deal with it on roughs, finals, heaters, backflows, etc. But with an open trench, employess, and thousands of dollars of equipment sitting there it's not right.
          MAFFIOSO BASTARDS!!!!!

I would love to have the opportunity to go to work on them

Comment

If I could get down to 1 hour that would be great. And I have always been nothing but respectful to all inspectors. But I almost lose it when I politely inform them when work will be complete and they simply reply "we don't give times. Period." I can deal with it on roughs, finals, heaters, backflows, etc. But with an open trench, employess, and thousands of dollars of equipment sitting there it's not right.
            This is why the good lord invented beer my friend
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              This is why the good lord invented beer my friend
              X2

Comment

Ok. I assume it's the same everywhere.
                NO

Comment

They are not all little Hitlers, but quite a few seem to have "little man syndrome"
                  sigpic

Comment

city of l.a. actually has it pretty good now. i can get e permits on line and sch for inspection. the morning of the inspection the automated machine calls my cell phone and gives me a 2 hour window.

now city of beverly hills is crazy. it's a lottery to try to get a call in to the city at 8am. after they fill up, they don't put you into the next available day. you have to try again the next day and hope.

an electrician friend of mine was not having any luck with his calls. so i got through and the inspector looked at both of ours work. he tried for 3 days in a row.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                      They are not all little Hitlers, but quite a few seem to have "little man syndrome"
                      Those who can't DO.............

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        city of l.a. actually has it pretty good now. i can get e permits on line and sch for inspection. the morning of the inspection the automated machine calls my cell phone and gives me a 2 hour window.

now city of beverly hills is crazy. it's a lottery to try to get a call in to the city at 8am. after they fill up, they don't put you into the next available day. you have to try again the next day and hope.

an electrician friend of mine was not having any luck with his calls. so i got through and the inspector looked at both of ours work. he tried for 3 days in a row.

rick.
                        Been there don't wan't to do that again.

B/H it's like the e-requests or phone calls fill the bill and you don't find out till it's too late to schedule you're day.I haven't worked on beating that one.Guess I'll have to take someone out to their favorite greasy spoon.

Shouldn't you be out working?

Comment

In my area you can get a 1 hour time frame in most communities and some are A.M. or P.M. if we have a problem in certain areas with long waits in inspection times we call the state inspectors office to inspect the job as time is money and we will be fined if we delay construction.
                          ________
                          Vt125C
                          Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:33 PM.
                          Mike

Comment

Inspections are one of those things I figure into the price.
                            At least a half day gone when figuring time.
                            We almost always have to call the morning of, and we get a 2 hour window...kinda like the cable company.
                            Sometimes, if the inspector is familiar with your work, he'll allow you to not have to be there...I always show up anyway.
                            I can see it's not just our area.

Comment

I just call the day before, then the day of inspection, call that morning around 7-8, and the inspector gives me a window of 1-2 hrs.

I am very pleased with the city inspections.
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X