X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Flo fixtures- any good?

What do you guys think of the Ferguson's brand?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Pro Flo fixtures- any good?

Most everything else with the Pro-Flo sticker on it has been cheaply made with substandard materials.Until I hear different I'm treating em like Glacier Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Most everything else with the Pro-Flo sticker on it has been cheaply made with substandard materials.Until I hear different I'm treating em like Glacier Bay.

Same here, I just will not sell/install any brand that is not readily available for repair down the road. In my experience it comes back to bite you in the end. For example the home owner that likes to do minor repairs cartridge change out type of stuff. When they go to repair a Pro flow, Glacier Bay and cant find parts they will curse you for using/installing cheap parts whether they are made cheap or not.
      THE GLASS IS ALWAYS HALF FULL

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing
        I am not familiar with the whole line of ProFlo fixtures but I did have a contractor spec them in several houses. The toilets were as good as other companies low end however.... we did get some that were factory defective in the casting/glazing process. What I mean is that they would not flush. Just kind of swirl around and never go through their siphon cycly. Fergusons did not believe me so I made them send out their rep. We removed the toilets and set them level on blocks in the street. Filled up the tanks to the proper level and guess what... same no flush performance. They sent out replacements and they flushed with no problems. Also, thes houses had a basic one handle lav. faucet that was junk. Light everywhere. Kitchen faucet the same. And a stainless sink was provided but I don't know if it was their ProFlo brand but I did not like it either. As you know a stainless sink is not always perfect and must be pulled down with the clamping system. The clamps provided could not handle ANY pressure put on them. So they would not pull down any high part of the sink The clamps just bent with very little pressure. On another note, the whirlpool valve worked well. I'm not a metallurgist but the it was of heavy brass construction with 3/4" ports. I also installed T/S valves that were ok. Trim was a little thin I thought. And like alot of things made in China.
        Thank-you

Comment

What brands would you recommend that are not expensive yet reliable? I am looking for faucets, tubs, toilets and sinks.

Comment

Gerber comes to mind :-) Dave

Comment

Originally posted by buildingnew View Post
              What brands would you recommend that are not expensive yet reliable? I am looking for faucets, tubs, toilets and sinks.
              Personally I like American Standard Brand for Faucets and Toilets.

Tubs and Sinks I guess Sterling.

Comment

Faucets- 1 Delta
                2 Moen
                Tub/shr Valve-1 Symmons
                2 Moen
                Toilets- 1 Amer stan Cadet 3
                2 Kohler
                3 Toto

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ghlight=proflo
                  Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Did a job today , remake on a bathroom , had 2 glacier bay faucets for back to back tub & shower same bathroom , set the new tub ,and the shower base, then asked about the not so good faucets...got 2 delta,s every one is a winner..Home owner was happy ,they can take the not so good faucets back , and save a lot of $$$$$$$$ down the road

If you know it dont work dont put it in

Comment

I have bought some of the proflow faucets for the school district, I think they are junk and try getting parts for them! As far as toilets go I have used some of the proflo flushometer style toilets and they seem to work okay for a low end toilet. The residential tank flush toilets have been junk Ive been told by a Ferguson counterman!
                      Last edited by plumb4life; 03-12-2009, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X