X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meyers water pump issue

i have a Meyers water pump on my cistern that is taking an extremely long time to pressurize the tank.

some backgtround: the pump came with the house so it's at least 6+ years old. about 2 years ago i replaced the tank. no issues. about 6 months ago we noticed it was taking the pump longer to reach pressure. instead of around 30 seconds it was taking over a minute.occasionally there is a "chattering" sound comming from the pump.

yesterday i timed the pumps running time and it averaged 3:24. that, to me is beyond excessive. there is no bleed down, no leaking i can find, no random running of the pump... just a looooong time to get to ~40psi.

there is only 1 pump repair guy on island, that i can find, and he charges an arm and a leg, plus you have to bring the unit to him and leave it. this is a non deal as we will be without water during this time.

any suggestions? inpeller? how hard to replace?

never had a pump problem since i've lived here, except for replacing pressure switches and guages

thanks in advance

steve
    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Re: Meyers water pump issue

steve, if that's the case with the pump guy. then you need to purchase a replacement pump first and rebuild the bad one as a backup.

i would first check on line for the parts breakdown and any service/ maintenance tips. see if this helps or you could purchase the parts.

i would think that the impeller has wear or the volute is worn.

how hard is it to purchase parts or a pump there? post a model and your price. maybe it's better to have it shipped from the states.

rick
    phoebe it is

Comment

generally three things are the cause. 1 the impeller is worn. 2 the jet is worn. 3, the jet and or volute are full of crap.
      sigpic

Comment

thanks for the replies. i[ll get back tomorrow with some more details. beat down hard today. i swear i've met and worked for EVERY FREAKING IDIOT on St. Croix yesterday and today.

there's a bottle of Cruzan Gold Rum with my name on it calling me like a sirene (sic?) to a wayward pirate

g'night

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Yes, yes, and we're looking at another 4" of snow or so and then a bit of freezing rain. Screw global warming.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            Yes, yes, and we're looking at another 4" of snow or so and then a bit of freezing rain. Screw global warming.
            Good point,make sure you stoke the stove full of them old tires to get you through the night

Comment

Working...
            X