X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help removing Kohelr single handle shower valve

To start with you should know that I am a novice when it comes to plumbing. I am DIY that can tackle most tasks around my house, but this one has me stumped. I am trying to remove a Kohelr single handle shower valve. I was able to remove the handle, but now I don't know how remove hardware behind the handle. I have a slow leak from the fuacet, but I want to update everything because of some other problems that I have had. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Help removing Kohelr single handle shower valve

Need model # and or pic of the faucet.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AdamS View Post
      To start with you should know that I am a novice when it comes to plumbing. I am DIY that can tackle most tasks around my house, but this one has me stumped. I am trying to remove a Kohelr single handle shower valve. I was able to remove the handle, but now I don't know how remove hardware behind the handle. I have a slow leak from the fuacet, but I want to update everything because of some other problems that I have had. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I just installed a new one and it consisted of basically three pieces: #1 The handle, #2 a cone shaped piece between the handle and the large (5" or so)#3 metal cover with the hot/cold printing on it.

On mine, you take off the handle (as you have already) and then you simply turn the cone-shaped piece #2 counter clockwise and it unscrews from the valve assembly. It also is holding the large 5" ring against the shower wall so as you unscrew the cone you should be ready for the large cover to get loose as well.

If yours is similar to my Kohler, that should get you going. By the way, mine was leaking right after I installed it and I called Kohler and they shipped me (free of charge and shipping) the entire internal valve assembly. Great customer service.

Good luck

Mark

Comment

I hate it when they just leave like that.

Not even a Benji on the dresser.

Comment

Working...
        X