Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
strangest types of payment received? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • strangest types of payment received?

    My partner was on a job for a lady he went to school with many years ago, Did the job and when came time to collect she had another form of payment on her mind. We have had older people offer pot holders or other stuff. Just wondering as I am sitting here snowed in with nothing to do, if anyone else has had strange types of payments offered to them?
    ________
    Weed Vaporizer
    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:38 PM.
    Mike

  • #2
    Re: strangest types of payment received?

    Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
    I was on a job for a lady I went to school with many years ago, Did the job and when came time to collect she had another form of payment on her mind. Not saying anything to piss her off I told her a check or cash would be fine. I have had older people offer pot holders or other stuff which i will accept if i didn't have much time or material in the job. Just wondering as I am sitting here snowed in with nothing to do, if anyone else has had strange types of payments offered to them?
    What did she offer?
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: strangest types of payment received?

      !
      ________
      Vaporgenie reviews
      Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 05:39 PM.
      Mike

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: strangest types of payment received?

        Originally posted by TOPDAWG View Post
        I was on a job for a lady I went to school with many years ago, Did the job and when came time to collect she had another form of payment on her mind. Not saying anything to piss her off I told her a check or cash would be fine. I have had older people offer pot holders or other stuff which i will accept if i didn't have much time or material in the job. Just wondering as I am sitting here snowed in with nothing to do, if anyone else has had strange types of payments offered to them?


        Food
        Tools
        Materials
        Sex (early years)
        Offer trade for work done by them


        No matter how strong the desire, NEVER take a sexual advance from a customer. I have a large female chasing me now because I did work for her parents and now she wants to mix add and pour me into her equation that she needs a man.

        My fat suit seems to curve the sexual advances these days so I'm covered like a good thick quilt.


        I get offered to be paid in cash all the time so they can get a cheaper rate but that fuzzy math destroys my legit business records that puts holes in that equation.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: strangest types of payment received?

          That I recall, I have never had any offers but money. I guess I come across as very professional or something.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: strangest types of payment received?

            I don't know how strange it was but as a kid I use to surf a lot and one of the local surfboard builders was Greg Liddle. Some 20-years later I go to this little house in the Hills of Agoura for a service call and low and behold it's Greg Liddle. In exchange for repiping his basement area he paid me in a new longboard. Greg had not shapped a longboard in some time but at my request he made mine. That led to Greg 's reintroduction of the longboard which helped revitalize his business.

            Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: strangest types of payment received?

              Back when I was a medium, a box of tie-dyed tee shirts

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: strangest types of payment received?

                Im kind of jealous..... I have never been offered sex in exchange for my work!!!! Either i need to find some new GC's to work for or raise my rates!?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: strangest types of payment received?

                  Never had a strange payment, but one of the best other then cash, check, or credit card was super box tickets to one of the Eagles games. That was great.
                  The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

                  www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: strangest types of payment received?

                    Once had a customer pay with his pick up truck but it took my lawyer to convince him.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: strangest types of payment received?

                      Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      I don't know how strange it was but as a kid I use to surf a lot and one of the local surfboard builders was Greg Liddle. Some 20-years later I go to this little house in the Hills of Agoura for a service call and low and behold it's Greg Liddle. In exchange for repiping his basement area he paid me in a new longboard. Greg had not shapped a longboard in some time but at my request he made mine. That led to Greg 's reintroduction of the longboard which helped revitalize his business.

                      Mark
                      That is a great story. I cleared a stoppage for an elderly widow. She couldn't pay and told me up front but I did the job anyway. After I did the job, she told me how her husband was an electrician and wanted to give me some of his material in trade. I ended up taking some bare copper wire thicker than my finger. When I took it to the scrap yard, the guys there thought I stole it so I had to call the lady and have her explain the story. They accepted the wire and I took my share for the bill and came back and gave the lady the change whick turned out to be almost 600.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: strangest types of payment received?

                        Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                        That is a great story. I cleared a stoppage for an elderly widow. She couldn't pay and told me up front but I did the job anyway. After I did the job, she told me how her husband was an electrician and wanted to give me some of his material in trade. I ended up taking some bare copper wire thicker than my finger. When I took it to the scrap yard, the guys there thought I stole it so I had to call the lady and have her explain the story. They accepted the wire and I took my share for the bill and came back and gave the lady the change whick turned out to be almost 600.
                        Good for you Ben I would expect no less. I am proud to call you a friend.

                        Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                        I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: strangest types of payment received?

                          Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                          That is a great story. I cleared a stoppage for an elderly widow. She couldn't pay and told me up front but I did the job anyway. After I did the job, she told me how her husband was an electrician and wanted to give me some of his material in trade. I ended up taking some bare copper wire thicker than my finger. When I took it to the scrap yard, the guys there thought I stole it so I had to call the lady and have her explain the story. They accepted the wire and I took my share for the bill and came back and gave the lady the change whick turned out to be almost 600.

                          That is very honest of you Ben, excellent gesture buddy, I wouldn't accept anything less from you.
                          sigpic

                          Robert

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: strangest types of payment received?

                            Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            That is a great story. I cleared a stoppage for an elderly widow. She couldn't pay and told me up front but I did the job anyway. After I did the job, she told me how her husband was an electrician and wanted to give me some of his material in trade. I ended up taking some bare copper wire thicker than my finger. When I took it to the scrap yard, the guys there thought I stole it so I had to call the lady and have her explain the story. They accepted the wire and I took my share for the bill and came back and gave the lady the change which turned out to be almost 600.
                            Now, that's a good story right there, I don't care who you are! Good on you, sir! I'll bet that she was surprised.
                            Bill

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: strangest types of payment received?

                              one of my oldest customers always makes me fresh cookies.

                              another customer traded me concert tickets that were in the 3rd. row. to a sold out "kroq weenie roast" all day event.

                              but most are favors such as seeing the dr.anytime i need to.

                              the old saying of will work for food is still alive and kicking.

                              there's been more than 1 occasion i've fixed the plumbing for a free meal or 2


                              rick.
                              phoebe it is

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X