Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Three handle tub/ shower... Separate valves?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three handle tub/ shower... Separate valves?

Hello all... Im having a heck of a time finding some valves for a remodel im doing. I have an original circa 1920's bathroom. Customer doesnt want to disturb tile, and neither do I. Immaculate condition for the age. Ok... The valves are all separate, about 12 inches apart. I have never seen this type of setup. Most of the newer valves are on a 8" spread right? Ive called Moen, and American standard, and they both said good luck. Someones got to make a custom fit valve set right?? The current valves are old, worn, and seats pitted beyond repair. This is a tub/ shower three valve set. Ive thought about putting a single in the middle, but need to find some decent looking caps to match new hardware. Either way, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Craig

Re: Three handle tub/ shower... Separate valves?

It sounds like you may have pre-war Crane which while it is hard to find you can find it. Your best bet would be to bebuild but If that won't work for you Price Pfister use to sell a 3-handle valve which had brass nipples in between three separate valves. They may still be available as old stock.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I have seen those antique valves...If the valve is that old, so is the tile. The BEST job would be to put in a modern pressure-balance valve and re-tile. There may be ways to get around it, but none that I know of (besides rebuilding the valve with new seats and stems IF you can find them).
      Last edited by Service Guy; 03-11-2008, 05:12 PM.
      Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

You can change it to a Delta 1300 and use the optional chrome escution plate that covers all the old holes.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          You can change it to a Delta 1300 and use the optional chrome escution plate that covers all the old holes.
          That must be a HUGE plate, he said the valves were 12 inches apart.
          Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

I measured, It just covers (if the holes are'nt huge)
            sigpic

Comment

We call it the Delta F-up plate
              sigpic

Comment

Central Brass....Corner valves...aftermarket spout and s'head

Comment

you might have an old price pfister, 3 piece valve with brass nipples.

I would need to see pictures to be sure. If you do, you are in luck, because you can change the stems to be able to update with new trim.

need a picture of atleast the handles to be sure.
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

gerber used to make a 12 inch rough replacement valve if they still do and you can gain access from behind you golden, if it is a bitransit waste you still can convert but it is difficult,worst comes to worst you do what master suggested and use a goof plate oh excuse me a remodel plate.

Comment

thats supposed to say your golden, left out the r been a long day, anyway good luck

Comment

Working...
                      X