X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinking RO system!

A customer requested that his whole house be supplied with RO water (Sinks, toilets, showers, wash machine, etc...). It has been working fine since it's been installed a year ago until recently. They have complained of having stinky water when they take a shower. The water is heated through a couple of marathon water heaters, so I know an anode rod is not to blame. The RO water is held in a 500 gallon plastic holding tank and distributed via repressurization pump. The water passes through a dual tube UV light before entering the water supply. Any ideas or exprience with this type of problem on an RO system?

Re: Stinking RO system!

Have they been using all of the water or have they been out of town?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Have you checked the RO in/out pressure? Perhaps a cartridge is blown. I don't think it's the media filter as the RO element should clean the water.
      My RO experience is only for military units designed to supply water to a base or city. Sorry can't be more help.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It just happened a few times. I asked them if it happened after they've come back after being away for awhile and they didn't know. The house has 5 full bathrooms and 2 half baths for only 2 people (extreme waste). I believe the masterbath is the only bath that really gets used. I have read some info on bacteria or excess hydrogen sulfide in water, but im not sure this is the case. The system utilizes a carbon post filter the regenerates after about 20,000 gallons of use. Maybe its just to large a system for 2 people?

Comment

Does this one have a bypass valve at the media filters?? ON or off?
          ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Working...
          X