sump pump info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sump pump info

Im new to the sump pump well. Everything had been working find now when I wash clothes the well fills up and over flows. The pump is working and when the pipe attached to it that runs from it to septic came off black water poured out and into the well. So do I have a clog or is the pump old and not keeping up with the water?

jackman

Re: sump pump info

Ohhhhhh My... first off, the washer should not be dumping into the sump pit, and if the sump pump is dumping into the sewer or septic, it should'nt be doing that either. Call a plumber, this is not a diy job.
    sigpic

Comment

Took the words out of my mouth. Better call a plumber. It will pay for itself to get it done right.

Comment

It's possible that the pump is broken. I have no idea what kind of pump or sump pit you have, but I replaced one a while back that was sitting in small gravel. The gravel had broken the housing on the pump and it wouldn't pump anything.

Comment

ok maybe i worded this wrong..where shud my washer be dumping into ? i have a sink in basement with a well or hole under it with pump in there. the pump pumps the water out of there thru some pipes that im guessing would end up in the septic mabe not.. like i said im new to this country life stuff. recently the pump doesnt seem to keep up with the water flowing from the washer ..it eventually pumps it all out tho..

Comment

Have you taken the pump out of the pit an examined it?

Might be something as simple as lint stuck in the bottom.

Comment

the flow is to much for the discharge, inspect the pump and the discharge, make sure everything is clear.

Suck out all the water, remove the pump, with the power off of course, and make sure it's all clean and good to go.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
              X