Attach flushometer to cpvc stub outs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attach flushometer to cpvc stub outs

I know I'd probably be looking for a job, or on another job if I ever muttered those words.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Aaron, make no bones about, I'm going to get in big trouble over what I think is right so be 100% certain before you ever do something even remotely close to what I did.
      Sometimes you have to just do what you are told, even though you know it is wrong you just have to "DO IT". If the engineer designed the system to those specs then he should be held accountable for his decision. You should not put yourself in jeopardy over this, state you concerns with your supervisor and then do what he ask of you, This will put the blame where the blame should lie and you can sleep at night knowing you tried your best to do the best job possible.
      ________
      LIST OF AMC ENGINES HISTORY
      Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 04:50 PM.
      Mike

Comment

I guess engineers don't understand that flushometer users user their feet not their hands on the handle. "CRACK"

CPVC for a flushometer
        ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

I am pretty sure there is nothing in the code prohibiting the connection of CPVC. Its just not a good idea for many reasons.l

Make sure the valve mfr. does not say anything about it as well.

Comment

If the enginer spec'd it that way and want's it done that way I would do it in a heart beat. And then be right there when the you know what hits the fan to do the change order at cost plus plus. All with a big smile on my face
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by biscuit View Post
              I am pretty sure there is nothing in the code prohibiting the connection of CPVC. Its just not a good idea for many reasons.l

Make sure the valve mfr. does not say anything about it as well.
              I did call Sloan and they told is their responsibility is fom the the angle stop to the spud. They don't care what pipe you use but it is made for copper or steel nipple.

We have a trend at work where individuals who installed have been personally blamed for poor construction due to engineer's design. This is what I'm trying to avoid; tarnish my name because some engineer doesn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ben, don't get thrown in the clink?

kinda ruff to break you out of a military jail.

plus i need you at the roundup since you're team k-60

glad you explained your case with them and they understand the reason why you objected.

all the sloan valves we used were installed with sweat kits. this allowed us to cut the copper to the exact length and solder on the adapter. slide the chrome sleeve and escuhcion and have a perfectly level valve. no need for brass nipples + - 1/2''

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  ben, don't get thrown in the clink?

kinda ruff to break you out of a military jail.
                  No I'm not going to jail but this will probably impact negatively on my next evaluation. One good thing about the Navy is that within 9 months, most of the bosses I have a problem with will transfer. Sometimes in cilivian job, you have to stay around the person you dislike for a long time. In the military, switching jobs often is just the natural order of things.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    I should clarify some things. CMU block wall, cutting wall is last resort but I'm the plumber and don't really care what happens to the builders. Building is a bathroom for a softball field. 4 toilets and 2 urinals. Another thing, seabees have a 1 year warranty on all work, after that base PW takes over maintance. Should I get in writing that I disagree with the engineer and am being ordered to do the wrong thing to save my butt? Never mind, this is going to happen tomorrow. I can really see some kid flushing the toilet and the flushometer breaks off. Good thing the building is waterproof.

gear, you are correct, how many times do we see valves become loose and leak, and this is with a solid copper supply???

I would bet that every sloan valve in operation has been kicked to flush....imagine a good kick and then a break??? flood, better upsize the floor drains.

your gonna have to break open the wall and use the drop ear, this is the best way, I think aaron mentioned it.

The drop ears are gonna be expensive, but oh well.
                    sigpic

Robert

Comment

I agree that the best way to fix the problem would be to open the wall and use copper. That said, could you maybe convince them to change the valves to auto sensor flush valves without a handle? At least that way, (and this is a horrible way of thinking) it will last until it is out of your warranty period. Just throwing a bad idea out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X