Mercury Switches for submersible pumps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercury Switches for submersible pumps

My sump uses a submersible pump which has shorted out. It is a system that uses three ball mercury switches. It seems that the switch that is supposed to turn off the pump at it lowest level would not switch off. Can I do away with the switches and install a pump that automatically detects levels or is the three ball system a better route.
    AMD

Re: Mercury Switches for submersible pumps

Ridgid has a nice line of sump pumps. On the float switch or pressure switch I like the pressure style as it will not hang up on anything in the sump pit.
    ________
    CHEVROLET TITAN SPECIFICATIONS
    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 03:52 PM.
    Mike

Comment

Where is this pump located and what is it used for?

Comment

The pump is located in a concrete sump outside my home and is used to pump the home sewage up the hill to street level.
        AMD

Comment

Without looking at it I would tell you to put the exact same as what is in there if it has operated correctly for a reasonable amount of time. I "glimpsed" at the Myers pump and it looks adequate. Honestly, I'm more familiar with Zoeller. Whatever you put in, keep the specs close to the same if it has operated correctly. Pump systems are sized for a reason with multiple factors to put into the equation.

I would also stick with the three float system in that it is probably wired on a separate circuit to work with your alarm. However, I am NOT an electrician so I could be incorrect. Hope this helps.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
          X