X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacuum breaker on a handshower.

Would you need a vacuum breaker on a handshower that is dependant on the diverter/water pressure to operate?

Re: Vacuum breaker on a handshower.

any hose, that can be submerged in the fixture or that is subject to backflow must have a vaccuum breaker on it. So technically if the handshower is installed in a shower unit (not a tub shower) and if fully extended it can not reach the water level in the shower pan, the answer is technically no. However I would not argue the point with the plumbing inspector.
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks NH. I've got a new Delta whirlpool valve with a handshower. It diverts at the spout. The problem is that the Alson vacuum breaker I installed on the handshower will not allow water to pass no matter how I install it!

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        any hose, that can be submerged in the fixture or that is subject to backflow must have a vaccuum breaker on it. So technically if the handshower is installed in a shower unit (not a tub shower) and if fully extended it can not reach within one inch above the flood level in the shower pan, the answer is technically no. However I would not argue the point with the plumbing inspector.
        I agree

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Everything is based on the CL "Critical Level"

The point at which a device can become submerged and backflow can occur.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

A few years back I ran into a hh shower that could actually be dropped into the toilet....
            sigpic

Comment

The Acme dual purpose HH shower & toilet bowl cleaner.

Comment

Working...
              X