how do you get snake line unknotted?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you get snake line unknotted?

I have a Ridgid auto feed snake and the line has kneeks in it. what can be done to fix this problem

Re: how do you get snake line unknotted?

replace it
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

What is a kneek? Im assuming Kink? and if there are more then 2 kinks in it, you might want to consider changing it depending how bad they are. Depending on the cable you have, you might be able to cut and splice the cables at the kinks.
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I didn't think there could be another answer too this

how does the splicing work?

Comment

libby, not to sound cocky, but you know what, ive never had to add the fittings to cable to replace them. I outright get new ones. I only replace the ones due to age. I have never (knock on wood) kinked a cable so bad that i had to replace them. Im talking about the bigger innercore cables that you would see on a Spartan 2001, 1065. You cant do it to the smaller cables, say a ridgid autospin or k40. But they do have those threaded pieces for the bigger cables.

Thats why i asked him what type of cable it is.
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I'm with greg, I have never kinked a cable so bad that it had to be spliced.

I get 2-3 years from my cables, even longer now, because I don't do
            that much drain cleaning anymore, I don't bother to splice, just replace.
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

If it is standard right hand wound cable you can splice all the way down to 3/8 " cable
              JERRYMAC
              E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
              CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
              FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
              SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
              X