X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To ALL Experts,Your opinions---------

What type of whole house potable water filtering system,would you install at your home,or the home of a loved one? Why? Estimated costs of doing so?I do not have a system at this time.--------I will do other research.Looking only to know.Thanks Kenneth.
    Kenneth Collier
    Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
    Jackson, MS 39206
    (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
    drainman881999@yahoo.com

Re: To ALL Experts,Your opinions---------

It depends on what the water needed filtered out.
    Assuming the worst...hard water with low pH, heavy iron and sediment along with other contaminants/possibly odor. Then you will need multiple systems costing a few thousand dollars.

First a pH neutralizer, followed by a water softener, followed by a sediment filter, then a RO system for drinking water installed underneath the kitchen sink.

To do all this, you'd need your water analyzed and a professional plumber to install everything and it would cost big $$$.

Of course if you only need one or two elements filtered out, then you wouldn't need all those systems necessarily.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

we have a 42,000 gallon cistern. predominatly rain water. very very soft. our filtration consists of 2 sediment filters, a charcoal filter and a UV filter. there is an under counter filter (culligan) on the sink tap and the fridge has an internal filter.

we have the water checked anually for coliform, etc.

total cost for the system was just over $2,000 locally. i installed it myself. it's not rocket surgery. hell, even a drain cleaner can do it.

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
        we have a 42,000 gallon cistern. predominatly rain water. very very soft. our filtration consists of 2 sediment filters, a charcoal filter and a UV filter. there is an under counter filter (culligan) on the sink tap and the fridge has an internal filter.

we have the water checked anually for coliform, etc.

total cost for the system was just over $2,000 locally. i installed it myself. it's not rocket surgery. hell, even a drain cleaner can do it.

steve
        In some states. In NC only a licensed plumber is permitted to do work on the potable water system. Its not rocket science, but I recommend a pro when it comes to filters.
        Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Working...
        X