X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a drain cleaner to clear roots

can anyone please recommend a drain cleaner that will clear up to 4" lines that will clean roots - thanks Gordon

Re: need a drain cleaner to clear roots

Ridgid K60 with a root cutter bit
    sigpic

Comment

Anything that holds at least a 5/8" cable should work. I believe that any professional here, including myself, would advise a 3/4 cable with an inner core. I use a General Speedrooter 91 with a 3/4 cable. Only beacause that is what the supply house had when i decided to buy one. If i had it do over i would investigate a little more. Most of the plumbers in my area preach about Spartan. Apparently, judging by this forum, there are some die hard sectional machine lovers. They have some good attributes as well. One being that wieght is distributed among several pieces, and it can be easier for one man to handle. Be sure to get at least 100' of cable, and probably an extra would be money well spent.

Although for about 35K US Jetter has a jetter than would make small work of a few roots.

Comment

How about root-x?

Comment

Root-X works better if the roots are first removed by cabling or jetting.Have you thought about Contacting A drain cleaning company or renting a machine ? Best of luck. Kenneth.
          Kenneth Collier
          Maintenance and Sewer

P.O. Box 9441
          Jackson, MS 39206
          (601) 613-2678 (Cell)
          drainman881999@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by latexia707 View Post
            How about root-x?

AFTER you clear a blockage, and or cut out the roots would you put root x in the line.
            The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I'm in Marin Co.Ca. Our OSH carries Foaming root Killer. No copper,99.45% inert ingrediants

1 lb. about $22 Good luck
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
              X