X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe Threader

I put on some new dies for the threader, they are installed correctly and yet my threads on the pipe come out too deep. Does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks

Re: Pipe Threader

Originally posted by tsp View Post
    I put on some new dies fothreader, they are installed correctly and yet my threads on the pipe come out too deep. Does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks
    What model threader.? If she's a Ridgid (and most are) the dies can be moved in or out of the head stock. If they are all the way in and the threads are still too deep then perhaps you got hold of some of that Chinese pipe, that's not quite the right size. It is possible to shave some off the back side of the dies, but it'g got to be done very carefully.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tsp View Post
      I put on some new dies for the threader, they are installed correctly and yet my threads on the pipe come out too deep. Does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks
      if it's a pipe machine, then an allen screw will need to be loosened to adjust the die head.

on a hand die 12-r, then a phillips screw will need to be loosened to adjust the die.

use a factory thread/ nipple and adjust to that size first.

also are you sure you got tapered dies and not straight dies?

a model # will help.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,
        Yeah that was my problem. I had a set of universal straight dies and not tapered. I put the tapered dies up against the straight and it was slightly differenr to the eyes. But then I put the two threaded pipes up together to see the difference and there was a huge difference! Thanks for your help on this!

tsp

Comment

just a good guess, i guess glad it worked out

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X