X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• house re-plumb with wirsbo/pex info please

I have "this old house" AKA the money pit. It was built in 1966 before building inspectors immigrated to Phoenix AZ!!!

The house is a typical 3 bedroom ranch 2 bathrooms [one is a shower only no bath tub], kitchen, laundry room/washer no sink,
    and an additional second floor with another bathroom.

about 2800sq ft [estimated] total

I want/need to replace the galvanized pipe so a re-plumb is necessary.

I plan to utilize wirsbo/pex and also have a manifold system to eliminate the toilet/shower screams. I am asking for the installer to use 3/4" throughout the house.

I am looking for an idea as to what this may cost. I realize all jobs are unique. I do plan to do most of the dry wall repairs myself.

Any typical/general cost range I should anticipate? I will have permits and a pro-plumber do the work. He does re-plumb homes and new construction.

I am just looking for a price range so when he quotes a price I'll have an idea if he is fair!

thanks

Cactus Man

Re: house re-plumb with wirsbo/pex info please

Why not just get about 3 estimates from local licensed plumbers in your area. Compare what each one is proposing to do for you and make your decision based on that.

Comment

Cactus Man, I agree with MasterPlumb.

Rates are very area specific. You will be best served heeding his advice

Comment

ok I understand get estimates...I know this, but that was not my question to the group...

I'm asking for a general price range for information only

Thus can I anticipate $3,000.00 or $12,000?????

I'm sure there are folks on this reflector that have re-plumed a regular 1966 design house?
        I'm not looking for gold here..just an idea as to the cost range!!!

I just want to have an idea for the budget and of course if the range of estimates run from really low to really high where they may be within the nationwide pricing.

so how about some help here? please!

Cactus Man

Comment

your not gonna get what your looking for here. call three pro's thats how youll find out.
          Mike
          Clark County Plumbing And Drain
          www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

I would guess anywhere from 3000-12000.

Comment

I'd say $2,999 to $11,999.
              Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

LOL, smartazzes

three estimates from local companies and don't go witht he cheapest one, pick mid range.
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

LOL

Thats why this board is so much fun...

Cactusman, unfortunately there is no way to give you what you are looking for... The price is based on your local licensed plumbers prices and their availability.

Comment

If your house were located here that job would fall somewhere between $5,000 and $8,000

cut out and remove existing galv.

no wall patch

he's a valuable member here...help the brother out

Comment

Good point Bill.

Removing the dry wall to expose the pipes, and allowing enough room to work and install the new pex would save you a decent amount of money too.
                      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                        I have "this old house" AKA the money pit. It was built in 1966 before building inspectors immigrated to Phoenix AZ!!!

The house is a typical 3 bedroom ranch 2 bathrooms [one is a shower only no bath tub], kitchen, laundry room/washer no sink,
                        and an additional second floor with another bathroom.

about 2800sq ft [estimated] total

I want/need to replace the galvanized pipe so a re-plumb is necessary.

I plan to utilize wirsbo/pex and also have a manifold system to eliminate the toilet/shower screams. I am asking for the installer to use 3/4" throughout the house.

I am looking for an idea as to what this may cost. I realize all jobs are unique. I do plan to do most of the dry wall repairs myself.

Any typical/general cost range I should anticipate? I will have permits and a pro-plumber do the work. He does re-plumb homes and new construction.

I am just looking for a price range so when he quotes a price I'll have an idea if he is fair!

thanks

Cactus Man
                        It sounds like he is doing it on the side so an estimate is a little tough. With you doing the drywall you are looking at around $5,000 or so.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

You'd be looking at 8g's starting off up here.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

THANK YOU Plumberscrack and Toutahnow!

That was what I was looking for. I appreciate your replies!

I understand the geographic differences etc. but I figured the cost of new materials and labor for the installing the new stuff and perhaps a fixture here and there [nothing fancy]
                            would run around $5000.00+/-. They can just leave the galvanized in the walls alone unless they are in the way!

I have already planned to repair all drywall myself. This will save some dollars I'm sure.

There will be one wall opened to allow access to the two bathrooms
                            I'm not sure how they will run the pex to the kitchen sink as the exterior wall is slump block
                            The second floor will be a straight run across the attic to the back wall of that bathroom.

Now I will also anticipate unplanned stuff but I can budget accordingly. I also now have an idea of a starting dollar figure!

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by cactusman View Post

thanks

Cactus Man
                              cactus man, be careful in oversizing the branch lines from the manifold to each fixture. this is more so on the hot side as there will be a longer delay in getting hot water to the fixture since there is no circ. system.

i don't have the #'s right in front of me but the volume capacity of the 3/4'' per foot and 1/2'' per foot will be the difference in your wait time for hot water.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X