X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat change in 8 year old Vokera Linea

To cut a long story 'short',our boiler a Vokera Linea is not working sending out error message 07. We might have been pressing it to much as since the powershower broke down be have been using the boiler as an only source of hot water.

There have been a corgi guy sent by Norwich union. I found out by googeling that it is the thermostat that needs replacing. The company serving us said it needed that but also a control station at £ 280 i am guessing that was all included (husband will call back to check later ). My reserch does not make this necessary but as always it is hard to find the right information. A new installation of a boiler a valiant combiboiler would be £ 1950 inclusive of everything we live in a one bed flat with four radiators.

What should we do? Considering age of boiler, free service for 2 years with new boiler and that our 'policy' only gives us a £500, minus £ 60 in return. Do we need to replace the powershower as well in order to 'save' the new boiler!?

Clearly I need a lot of help as soon as possible?! Thanx S

Re: Thermostat change in 8 year old Vokera Linea

I will give this one a try

"To cut a long story 'short',our boiler a Vokera Linea is not working sending out error message 07. We might have been pressing it to much as since the powershower (If this particular model powershower had a heating element I would recomend getting it fixed, less wear and tear on your main boiler )broke down be have been using the boiler as an only source of hot water.

There have been a corgi guy (licensed service technician gas / plumbing) sent by Norwich union (Insurance warranty company). I found out by googeling that it is the thermostat that needs replacing. The company serving us said it needed that but also a control station at £ 280 i am guessing that was all included (husband will call back to check later ). My reserch does not make this necessary but as always it is hard to find the right information.( If possible always get a second opinion from another company when it comes to major cost items) A new installation of a boiler a valiant combiboiler would be £ 1950 inclusive of everything we live in a one bed flat with four radiators. (Would Norwich Union be willing to send another Corgi guy for a second opinion?)

What should we do? Considering age of boiler, free service for 2 years with new boiler and that our 'policy' only gives us a £500, minus £ 60 in return. Do we need to replace the powershower as well in order to 'save' the new boiler!? (440 quid towards the replacement is not alot... If you plan on living in this flat for a good bit don 't be afraid to spend the quid if you have it.. If the new combiboiler is sized to support the shower and you have a hot water line to your shower and you dont need the pump from the powershower unit for the cold water than no worries.)

Clearly I need a lot of help as soon as possible?! Thanx S

I hope this help's.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X