Water Heater Replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water Heater Replacement

Tim, remember the thread awhile back talking about tankless.

Your statement right there is why I steer away from them. Our temps. are about the same. And consumers never consider this. You have to calculate there hot water needs for the coldest times in their year. Go put in 40 degree incoming in any of the tankless models and see what you get.

J.C.[/quote]

Agreed, but when I ask people living here how they like their tankless, it's always, "love it". Of course, if I spent all that money on one I would say that too even if it sucked.
    If the tankless were dedicated simply for the master bathroom only (as one of my customers has done) then it's feasible, imnsho.
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
      Tim, remember the thread awhile back talking about tankless.

Your statement right there is why I steer away from them. Our temps. are about the same. And consumers never consider this. You have to calculate there hot water needs for the coldest times in their year. Go put in 40 degree incoming in any of the tankless models and see what you get.

J.C.
      Agreed, but when I ask people living here how they like their tankless, it's always, "love it". Of course, if I spent all that money on one I would say that too even if it sucked.
      If the tankless were dedicated simply for the master bathroom only (as one of my customers has done) then it's feasible, imnsho.[/quote]

SlimTim,

I hear the same from my repeat customers, I also make sure to follow up on the ones I have repaired, who wanted it removed from their house because of improper installation. They hated the word tankless and everything about it.

No complaints.
      Last edited by westcoastplumber; 05-04-2008, 09:36 PM.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
        Why wouldn't residential be one of them, Boilerman?
        The limited flow. It appears to be for running a hose for a long time, but if you limit your flow that much in a house, you're right back to the restrictions you have w/ tankless. You might as well throw a regular high btu wh in and/or put a mixer that gives you the quantity you need. The wh at the website in that link is a light duty commercial, which would seem like better than residential.
        sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Working...
        X