X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• basement copper fin baseboard installation tips

i will shortly be installing finned 3/4"copper finned baseboard heating in a remodelled basement. because the heating loop has to cross a hallway to get from one side of the basement to the other, the loop will go up and down from ceiling to floor two times as it travels from the supply side of the boiler to the return side of the boiler. are there any piping precautions/fittings i should incorporate in this loop (zone) to address potential air bound conditions? basement zone has its own circulator which is mounted on the return side just before the boiler. the supply manifold has an air purge device mounted just before the 4 take offs for the 4 heating zones. comments appreciated.
    there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Re: basement copper fin baseboard installation tips

Some will tell you to put an air eliminator at the high spots. I dont install them and never have a problem.

Comment

usually i would install an air eliminator at the high point.... on the return after your fin. also try to squeeze in a drain on the fin too, just in case you have to drain it down..... and 2 isolation valves, but that goes without saying.
      if u cant bedazzle em with briliance, baffle em with bulls&*t

Comment

I agree with Masterplumb, I find no need for any air vents, it's just one more thing to fail in the future. I don't use them in any of my jobs.

Comment

Working...
        X