Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bathtub waste line

Hello all!

Please take a look at the drawing I made. The bathtub discharges into a pipe into which the shower is also discharging. All fixtures are properly vented.

Say there is a blockage between the shower and the stack, will the bathtub overflows inside the shower stall?

If there is no blockage, is there a chance that the bathtub overflows inside the shower stall as water travels inside the drain pipe?

Thanks for your time and patience!
    Attached Files

Re: bathtub waste line

Hey buddy, how's it going?

Your questions don't really make sense.

Is this on the lowest level of the house?

If there is a stoppage close to the stack, the shower will be the first to show it.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by latexia707 View Post
      Hello all!

Please take a look at the drawing I made. The bathtub discharges into a pipe into which the shower is also discharging. All fixtures are properly vented.

Say there is a blockage between the shower and the stack, will the bathtub overflows inside the shower stall?

If there is no blockage, is there a chance that the bathtub overflows inside the shower stall as water travels inside the drain pipe?

If properly installed a stoppage would cause the same height of water to rise in the bathtub as rises in the shower. Once the water hit the weir of the shower dam the water would start spilling onto the floor and stop rising in the bathtub.

Without a stoppage and a properly sized and install waste line the water from the bath tub would not rise in the shower.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by latexia707 View Post
        Hello all!

According to your drawing, if there is a blockage between the shower and stack, you will get water backing into the shower.

Comment

I would say yes, if there is a blockage between the shower and the stack then the shower will end up having water from the tub back up into it. The tub will also have water that wont drain completely out as it (the drain water) will seek the same level as the shower. If there is no blockage then you have nothing to worry about as the shower is probably just being wet vented from the tub.
          ________
          Mercedes-Benz Gl-Class History
          Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 03:58 PM.
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X