tub drains

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tub drains

I do the maintenance for a 180 unit non profit housing association. Due to age etc the tub outlets have no strainers left. These tubs were origionally stopped with a plug operated from a lever in the overflow. I am looking at replacing the outlet with new ones with a strainer [ cross] in it . what problems am I looking at. Thanks in advance for all answers.

Re: tub drains

Aggravation x 180. I know you want answers to help you take care of it yourself but you would be better of calling a plumber to do this. That's my opinion.

J.C.

Comment

im wth JC but prolly x by 200 times. If you are able to unscrew the strainer(and the cross doesnt break off) it may be mis-aligned when you go to screw a new on in and then you have to open up a wall and throw things and use obscene gestures and then finish it off with a big ole fat swear!!!! Have a good time
      if u cant bedazzle em with briliance, baffle em with bulls&*t

Comment

Originally posted by bigboots44 View Post
        I do the maintenance for a 180 unit non profit housing association. Due to age etc the tub outlets have no strainers left. These tubs were origionally stopped with a plug operated from a lever in the overflow. I am looking at replacing the outlet with new ones with a strainer [ cross] in it . what problems am I looking at. Thanks in advance for all answers.
        Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Aggravation x 180. I know you want answers to help you take care of it yourself but you would be better of calling a plumber to do this. That's my opinion.

J.C.
        I agree with them. Bring in a pro, because there are so many bad things that can happen...

Comment

If you do get the internal wrench to bite the spud there is a chance that the rotten tubular brass drain will sheer as the shoe spins with the stainer.Then your going to have to access to replace the drain and overflow.

Comment

thanks guys.zi didn't think it would be easy. All the strainers are basically missing,just a few stubs left. I am getting tired of snaking washcloths out of the clogged drain. Does anyone know of a press fit strainer that will fit the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by bigboots44 View Post
              thanks guys.zi didn't think it would be easy. All the strainers are basically missing,just a few stubs left. I am getting tired of snaking washcloths out of the clogged drain. Does anyone know of a press fit strainer that will fit the drain.
              Funny you mention it because I do an apt complex like that. I mean EVERY single tub is missing the "+" in the drain and every single tub at this place has junk in the trap/drain.

Good for business!

Comment

Working...
              X