X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird piping

This little house we're redoing has a water line that comes up out of the slab about 4", makes a U and goes back into the slab. This is in what was originally the laundry room in the garage. Anyone ever seen sumpin' like this?
    Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Re: weird piping

Maybe part of a manifold? Are there any tees to serve the old laundry or just 2 90's?

greg

Comment

Only thing I can think of is a rough in for future use.

J.C.

Comment

could be for a water meter depend how fare apart the lines are

Comment

no tees, just comes up, goes over 3" and back down. Thank goodness I was smart enough to hire a professional plumber. Seems that in the back of my brain there is something about doing this to keep pipes from clanging when you turn on/off the water???????? Probably just the mindless wandering of a carpenter .
          Never get in an argument with a fool, bystanders won't know which one is which.....

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
            no tees, just comes up, goes over 3" and back down. Thank goodness I was smart enough to hire a professional plumber. Seems that in the back of my brain there is something about doing this to keep pipes from clanging when you turn on/off the water???????? Probably just the mindless wandering of a carpenter .
            No, not for banging pipes that I'm aware. My mind wanders too. Still can't build a bastard hip roof.

J.C.

Comment

Maybe just a convenient spot to join 2 shorter pieces of soft copper to eliminate joints underground(and the need for brazing)? Or could be rough stub up for a laundry sink that wasn't installed? maybe a forgotten hosebibb rough in?
              Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
                This little house we're redoing has a water line that comes up out of the slab about 4", makes a U and goes back into the slab. This is in what was originally the laundry room in the garage. Anyone ever seen sumpin' like this?
                If that area was the laundry, those pipes are probably part of a manifold system which supplied the laundry. Being that the laundry is no longer there, the supply line & tee were removed, but the manifold needed to remain to supply the rest of the house.

That's my guess.

Tracy
                Last edited by yasudaplumbing; 04-17-2008, 03:59 AM.
                sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

Working...
                X