2 sinks in kitchen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 sinks in kitchen

My wifes x put 2 sinks in the kitchen and used the only vent which is about 30 feet away. They of course have trouble draining if one is being used with the stopper in it. They will drain but real slow.

My question would be how can I fix this problem without installing a vent because of the layout I wouldn't be able to run a new vent. One sink is in the corner on a outside wall and the real problem sink is in a island.

I really don't want to tear a outside wall off to try and vent so was wondering if their is a simple fix.

Any help would be appreciated, Thank.

shup

Re: 2 sinks in kitchen

If your code allows it, use a Maxi studdor vent.

or run a new vent, can't tell from your situation. can you go straight up? alot of work. depends on your situation.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

I find it hard to believe that the cause of slow draining is a vent. A proper vent may keep a trap from siphoning, but in the absence of a vent the sink strainer itself will allow air (or flowing water) in. Your problem is more likely to be a clogged or undersized drain.

Comment

Thanks westcoast and Herk.

I will look into the Maxi and will also check for clog.

Not sure about pipe size issue but will look at that also.

Thanks again, shup.

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
          I find it hard to believe that the cause of slow draining is a vent. A proper vent may keep a trap from siphoning, but in the absence of a vent the sink strainer itself will allow air (or flowing water) in. Your problem is more likely to be a clogged or undersized drain.
          You are probably right but remember the strainer is locked from air until the water drains.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
          X