Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plumbing Math

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
    OK now I'm glad I've become a service plumber and bidet advocate and spokesperson. My gosh all the floor joists and studs and basement walls would be full of my tabulations If I knew how to do all that.
    Ah you've seen one of my top outs.Numbers/marks/snaplines everywhere.Kindof bugs some people,say it's sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
      Alright guys, please hang in here with me, I learn faster in person/hands on, it's hard for me to understand this over the internet. I just laid out some fittings on the street.

A neighbor walked by and probably thought I was high on something laying pvc fittings out in the street at 8:30 at night, and measuring the air in between them.

When you guys talk about off sets, if this what your referring too?

Would the center to center measurement times 1.5 work with a lay out like this?

I tried and tried and couldn't get it to work out right.
      PHONE!!!

Comment

That 1.41 was on my mass plumbing test i tried using in the field with varying results I think it was no hub pipe that I could not get it to work with. but they may have been my error

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          Ah you've seen one of my top outs.Numbers/marks/snaplines everywhere.Kindof bugs some people,say it's sloppy.
          I'm sure my old boss would rather see chalk lines writing and math all over instead of all the couplings and scrap pipe he saw on my jobs.

Comment

Im trying to attach a drawing to show you but for some reason I can figure offset 45* but cant upload a drawing

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
              I'm sure my old boss would rather see chalk lines writing and math all over instead of all the couplings and scrap pipe he saw on my jobs.
              I'm sure it happens to him to.Gets me from time to time.Kindof depends how much you use it.Besides Bosses are never happy.You could make-em a million dollars one year...
              the next they have set their bar for you at a million-five

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                Alright guys, please hang in here with me, I learn faster in person/hands on, it's hard for me to understand this over the internet. I just laid out some fittings on the street.

A neighbor walked by and probably thought I was high on something laying pvc fittings out in the street at 8:30 at night, and measuring the air in between them.

When you guys talk about off sets, if this what your referring too?

Would the center to center measurement times 1.5 work with a lay out like this?

I tried and tried and couldn't get it to work out right.
                Lasco & Charlotte fitting? Might jack up your mojo for consistency Aaron.

J.C.

Comment

Your sharp, there's only a few Charlotte fittings left on the truck, all new orders are Lasco fittings.
                  Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

I don't put in a piece of pipe without at least a little math...elevation of tees compensateing for pitch,simple offsets,parallel offsets,rolling offsets,combination offsets,equi-spread offsets..setting manholes,figureing inverts..metric conversions(stupid govnt. prints)...the list goes on.

We had a guy we use to call "Lord of the Rings",or "Captain Coupling"..because of the piles of 1/4" wide pipe rings that would be laying around his work area...it was fun,we'd make olympic symbols with them,and glue them to his hardhat.

Plumbing (..err well new construction plumbing) is all about the math,then again,you really don't need to read a ruler to string out some pex....

Comment

Working...
                    X