X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing machine creates flood

Im having an odd problem. I have a bathroom in my basement, the next room over is the laundry room. when my washing machine gets going good, its causing the toilet downstairs to overflow. its a pretty odd thing, never seen anything like it. sometime if i put drano in it, it will fix the problem for a day or two. what or where should i be looking. please help! david

Re: Washing machine creates flood

Originally posted by goliathdb View Post
    Im having an odd problem. I have a bathroom in my basement, the next room over is the laundry room. when my washing machine gets going good, its causing the toilet downstairs to overflow. its a pretty odd thing, never seen anything like it. sometime if i put drano in it, it will fix the problem for a day or two. what or where should i be looking. please help! david
    It's sounds like you may have your laundry tied into the same drain as the water closet and there is a stoppage somewhere just beyond that. As the water is pumped into your drainage system the system is overflowing so it spills out of the water closet which is lower than the stand pipe of your laundry. Forget the chemicals you need the drain cleaned.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
    X