X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toliet bowl

what's the best method to unclog a bowl or best tool?

Re: toliet bowl

Use a toilet auger.

http://www.toolup.com/productinfo.as...Ridgid%2059797

Perferably one which can extend to 6'.

If you still can't get it, pull the toilet, lay it on it's side, send the auger through, tie a rag to the end, and pull the auger back, and whatever is in there, usually comes out.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

what's the rag for?

Comment

I'll try this again...

If you can't get it cleared while the toilet is set, pull the toilet, put it on it's side, send the auger through, tie a rag on the end of the cable, and pull the auger back.

The rag on the end of the cable will catch anything on it's way back.
        Last edited by Aaron91; 04-28-2008, 01:03 AM.
        Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

95% of the toilet stopages i come accross need only a good plunger.

as long as the stoppage is in the toilet and not the bend. there is little chance of damaging the bowl wax.

an auger can scratch a toilet or damage the china.

most stopages are soft stoppages and don't involve removing a toy. if they do, then a 6' closet auger or a k-50 with 5/8'' cable and guide tube to protect the china works great.

even on baby wipes, this works great.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I have found the fastest and most fool-proof to remove any clog from the bowl is with a 22 oz. framing hammer. A couple good hits and you can reach right in there and pull out what is causing the problem.
            Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

whats a framing hammer?

Comment

Originally posted by loudog39 View Post
                whats a framing hammer?
                elvis has just left the building.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I pray he's kidding. Some things you should just "accidentally" know from being on the job.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    95% of the toilet stopages i come accross need only a good plunger.

as long as the stoppage is in the toilet and not the bend. there is little chance of damaging the bowl wax.

an auger can scratch a toilet or damage the china.

most stopages are soft stoppages and don't involve removing a toy. if they do, then a 6' closet auger or a k-50 with 5/8'' cable and guide tube to protect the china works great.

even on baby wipes, this works great.

rick.
                    For me its the opposite, plungers almost never work for me because people only call me when after they've already tried the plunger. Plus they are messy. An auger is the best. Using an auger properly won't scratch any visible part of the toilet. 95% of toilet clogs I get out using an auger and very rarely ever get even a single scratch.
                    Last edited by Service Guy; 04-28-2008, 08:26 PM.
                    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                      For me its the opposite, plungers almost never work for me because people only call me when after they've already tried the plunger. Plus they are messy. An auger is the best. Using an auger properly won't scratch any visible part of the toilet. 95% of toilet clogs I get out using an auger and very rarely ever get even a single scratch.
                      I agree with you on this but for different reason. Sometimes you plunge enough where you blow out the wax ring and now what was priced for unclogging a toilet has just been added a pull and reset toilet fee.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Most customers never use a plunger correctly. But, it's easier to charge for using an auger anyway.
                        By the way, JC, I've been in Elvis' bathroom and he had a framing hammer by the toilet.
                        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                        X