Dual flush toilet opinions, please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual flush toilet opinions, please

I'm flipping a house in an eco-conscious city, and want to put in a couple of dual flush toilets.
    Does anyone have any brand recommendations for me?
    Since it's a flip, the budget won't allow anything too fancy.
    Also, do your clients generally prefer round or elongated bowls?
    Thanks.

Re: Dual flush toilet opinions, please

The only dual-flush toilet I have any experience with is the Caroma Caravelle. A very good toilet and can flush about anything. However, they are quite costly (around $400). I have noticed many of my customers prefer the round bowl as they say the elongated bowls look too commercial.
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

We have sold more than 30 of the Kohler K-3654 since the end of March. Most of the toilets we sell are elongated, because they are ADA compliant and because they come in chair height which round don't. We also have a couple of Sterling brand toilets and a Toto brand toilet with Dual Flush technology but the Kohler is by far much more popular.

Comment

You can't beat the Kohlers, but the poor man option might be the Mansfield. You just hold the handle down longer...
        sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

elongated

Daul flush may start showing signs of not clearing the waste systems.I've noticed the plumbers here telling of problems with the 1.5 gal. not putting enough water down the pipe.

Comment

Are you guys just recommending Kohler because he lives in the Kohler capital?

What is wrong with the Coroma from Australia? Our rep use to sell Toto's, but we found him at last year's trade show selling Coromas.
            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
              The only dual-flush toilet I have any experience with is the Caroma Caravelle. A very good toilet and can flush about anything. However, they are quite costly (around $400). I have noticed many of my customers prefer the round bowl as they say the elongated bowls look too commercial.
              I have 3 of these in my garage waiting to be put in...Their siblings are in a very "green" building where the primary construction material was recycled refrigerated cargo containers. I was NOT impressed by the bowl cleaning of the caroma's, (left a tinge of yellow on the 1/2 flush)

Here's a web site about the project.

http://www.lwarc.com/bg.html

Greg

Comment

If you need to save that much water, just use the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by jpsmalls View Post
                  We have sold more than 30 of the Kohler K-3654 since the end of March. Most of the toilets we sell are elongated, because they are ADA compliant and because they come in chair height which round don't. We also have a couple of Sterling brand toilets and a Toto brand toilet with Dual Flush technology but the Kohler is by far much more popular.
                  Kohler makes that i can find 3 round front comfort height toilets. k-3497,k-3511 &k-3509.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                    Are you guys just recommending Kohler because he lives in the Kohler capital?

What is wrong with the Coroma from Australia? Our rep use to sell Toto's, but we found him at last year's trade show selling Coromas.
                    That`s right Rick Caroma sells dual flush cisterns and toilet suits and they are the best without being expensive.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                      That`s right Rick Caroma sells dual flush cisterns and toilet suits and they are the best without being expensive.

Tony
                      tony, mrs. seat down is not me

although sometimes she tells me what to say and do. like this morning when she spotted a spider.

and no it wasn't a black widow

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for all the input, guys.
                        To stay with the "eco" theme of this flip, I think I'll "buy local" and get one of the Kohler models that you suggested. Are the toilets with the skirted trapway a pain to install?

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post

Tony
                          I think I should be insulted How could you think I sound like Rick
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            tony, mrs. seat down is not me

although sometimes she tells me what to say and do. like this morning when she spotted a spider.

and no it wasn't a black widow

rick.
                            AAHHH!!!!
                            Sheet you just reminded me,I gotta shoosh the newbie in the corner of the porch.

You don't kill god's creature(black or otherwise) do you?

Comment

Originally posted by sweatthepipe View Post
                              If you need to save that much water, just use the woods.
                              Or the kitchen sink.

Comment

Working...
                              X