X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting a Toilet

Color me stupid. I can,t remember if the toilet flange rests on the finish floor or sets flush with it.
    Dave

Re: Setting a Toilet

the flange should sit on the tile not below it if it sits below it you can double up the wax gastkets

Comment

The bottom of the toilet flange should be flush with the finished floor. This should cause the top of the toilet flange to be ~1/4" above the floor. If it is not this way I would recomment using the 1/4" flange extenders along with silicone, or reinstalling the flange at the proper height. I would not use two wax rings, or the jumbo size wax rings. But that is just the way I would do. Feel free to do whatever you want.
      Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
        The bottom of the toilet flange should be flush with the finished floor. This should cause the top of the toilet flange to be ~1/4" above the floor. If it is not this way I would recomment using the 1/4" flange extenders along with silicone, or reinstalling the flange at the proper height. I would not use two wax rings, or the jumbo size wax rings. But that is just the way I would do. Feel free to do whatever you want.
        correct answer, i was just about to post pretty much the same thing. close down this post and drop the curtain, whats that the fat lady is singing{no offense ment}

Comment

Originally posted by Aero1
          whats that the fat lady is singing{no offense ment}
          "Nearer My God to Thee." That was the last hymn she sang before she died of her burns on the deck of the luxury liner Roraima in the spring of 1902 when the volcano Pelee' erupted. 30,000 inhabitants of St. Pierre, Martinique were killed in the explosion.

Comment

I believe, Raven Products makes a nifty closet flange extension set. comes with 3 or 4 plastic spacer rings of various thickness.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
              I believe, Raven Products makes a nifty closet flange extension set. comes with 3 or 4 plastic spacer rings of various thickness.

I've been dealing with a company lately which offers a flange extension which is IAPMO Certified to NSF Standards.

www.set-rite.com

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                "Nearer My God to Thee." That was the last hymn she sang before she died of her burns on the deck of the luxury liner Roraima in the spring of 1902 when the volcano Pelee' erupted. 30,000 inhabitants of St. Pierre, Martinique were killed in the explosion.
                nice

Comment

Working...
                X