Cordless impact driver for plumbers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless impact driver for plumbers

I know there's a tool section but my target audience is plumbers so here it is. Which one do you like? The 1/4" driver or the 1/2" impact? I was looking at getting dewalt's new 1/4" 18v impact but wonder if it is strong enough to take out anode rods, cleanout caps, etc.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Cordless impact driver for plumbers

In my experience electric impact wrenches are worthless. I tried using on ONCE and it was a lot weaker than a 14" pipe wrench and elbow grease for sure!!! Pneumatic is the only way to go for impact wrenches.
    Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      I know there's a tool section but my target audience is plumbers so here it is. Which one do you like? The 1/4" driver or the 1/2" impact? I was looking at getting dewalt's new 1/4" 18v impact but wonder if it is strong enough to take out anode rods, cleanout caps, etc.
      I don't know if it would handle the anodes and cleanout caps. I go for the wrenches.

My little Makita 14.4 just turned up missing. Don't know where or who got it off the truck. But, for driving the 5/16" nuts and all types of screws you cannot beat it. I use it constantly if I'm roughing in, bracing, removing. Pound for pound better than the others I've used. (DeWalt, Milwaukee).

J.C.

Comment

I have a little makita, 14....oh wait, thats where I got it Kidding, I have a makita 14, came with a set, and I like it, works great, it won't do anything large, but for sinking screws, and concrete anchors, earthquake straps, etc, works great
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

The 18V Makita Lithium-Ion 1/4" driver is the bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatthepipe View Post
            what applications do you do with it? screws or big stuff?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by sweatthepipe View Post
              I have the Makita 14.4.Use it daily.No need to get the 18 combo yet,I will nab one if I see a good deal.I don't like the sawzall.Every time I borrow one it drains the battery before I finish cutting through a piece of 2" copper.Dewalts seems to get way more miles out of their sawzall.
              The steel stud framing crews use the newest generation 18 Li-ion drivers(smaller batteries).Even lighter than the first generation.They say even though the battery is smaller they last even longer.

Ben,I think your going to use a heavy 1/2" STRONG corded impact to bust the anodes loose.Maybe even pneumatic.

How are you getting those out if you have the heater on a stand and a low ceiling?

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                How are you getting those out if you have the heater on a stand and a low ceiling?
                Cut them out in pieces and use a chain anode rod for a replacement
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ben, i use a 1/4'' cordless impact for most everything. the cordless 1/2'' use to be my go to wrench, but the 1/4'' took it's spot.

when i really need the power, i use a 3/4'' electric makita for the big rusted flanges.

as far as anode rod removal, you need to get a compound torque multiplier. this give you like 30 to 1 leverage. harbor freight sells an import model pretty cheap. i will try to find a link when i get the chance.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Wow! Torque-multiplier! Don't even tempt me with tools I have never even heard of, I am already thinking about buying it just by hearing that it exists! Being a plumber is lot like being a 'tool-addict'! I can't believe how many tools I own since I started the business, and I am a light-weight compared to some of you guys here with jetters, locators, cameras and now "torque-multipliers". I love the Ridgid forum! Its like the Real 'Tool-time!' <tim taylor>

Comment

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpis...lier&Submit=Go
                      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Oh wow, that is cool!

Comment

Harbor Freight!!!!!
                          What am I sposed to do with this...Grind coffee beans?

Comment

Originally posted by Service Guy View Post
                            Oh wow, that is cool!
                            And pretty inexpensive
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                              Harbor Freight!!!!!
                              What am I sposed to do with this...Grind coffee beans?

I only do what I am told. I was told it works good for anode rods and to post a link.
                              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Working...
                              X