Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: You can put up your drywall now.

Originally posted by dannywild View Post
    There was no inspection required. The property is residential in a rural are outside of city limits and the only inspection required is for the electrical and the septic system.

Should I get a 3rd party inspector? Will he(or the company he works for) assume liability if he passes something that later fails?
    I was wondering about this. I wanted to ask but didn't want to seem like an idiot. I used to work with a guy that "plumbed" in parts of TN and he said it was the wild wild west when it came to plumbing. You could do ANYTHING in alot of areas.

This is your house. Spend the money for a qualified and credentialed inspector. Believe it or not, I've seen some home inspectors that were very good. Knowlegeable and thorough. Better ask around though. Some are not so bright.

Like your plumber.

J.C.

Comment

This thread is getting way off the point.Any project I put in the water is to the structure by others,done deal.I don't say to much if it is not there before slab on grade or sub-floor sheeting.I let the project manager know he is making me spend my resources to test when he has not provided water to leave on the system during construction.But he does get a certified letter if he thinks he's drywalling without water on the system.A guy is going to have to put a hellova lot of resouces in to getting me to pay for damages in court.

Any Generel contractor worth a hill of beens knows he has to run the water service up sooner or later.Better sooner to help the project run smoother.If another trade damages the integrity of the system at any stage more than likely you will have evidence of this damage by a simple wet spot.
      For all I know the plumber has been asking to get the water serice up to the house for an unneccesary long period of time and saw the nail hole or electrician bit nick that is causing the leak and is just tired of dealing with testing with air.
      Last edited by drtyhands; 05-12-2008, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Rember, it's not the plumbing inspector, state or local that you have to worry about. The name of the game is covering your butt. And the only way to do that is to make sure every little detail of the installation meets the state and local code. It's the lawyers you need to be concerned with.
        sigpic

Comment

just have the plumber fix the problem and go on with your life.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER JAY View Post
            just have the plumber fix the problem and go on with your life.
            Easier said than done. This plumber doesn't think there are any problems. He said there are no leaks, even though the system does not hold pressure. He told me not to put water in the supply lines even though they are water lines. And his solution to the leaking air was, "If the pressure gauge goes down, just pump it back up with air."

When I say there are still leaks he looks at me like I'm out in left field. I can visually see the sealing compound around the joints bubble up. The bubbles resemble the bubbles you see when simmering spaghetti sauce or chili. On top of that I can hear the air escaping. With the visual and audio clues and the constant drop in pressure on the gauge I know its leaking and the plumber insists that it is not leaking.

What now?
            Last edited by dannywild; 05-13-2008, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Get another Plumber, to fix and finish. Then you send the repair bill to your first Plumber. If you tried to get him to correct your problem and he doesn't, in the eyes of the law, this is a breach of contract.

Easily enforced in court, or he can pay for the repair bill only. He shouldn't have to pay for any advancing work, unless you already paid him. This guy is a hack, move on and take the guy to court if you have to.

I hope you have something in writing about the issue needs to be corrected with your plumber/hack. At least 3 attempts to have this man correct your problem should give you all rights to go to court. When you have exhausted all attempts of allowing this guy to make amends, thats when you contact your state and let them know what happened to you. It wouldn't hurt to tell your plumber your intention, also....
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                This is how it is. You pay peanuts,You get MONKEYS !
                Water Heater Reviews & Water Heater Information

Comment

well we need pictures of this one
                  Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                  http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                  http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I would also at this point hire someone (licensed) who actually knows what they are doing to give you a signed invoice when they are done, that way when the walls explode a year or two down the road, at least you have something to slide across the table to the home owners insurance agent when you are coming to from the news of how much your deductible is
                    In any event, the first thing an insurance adjuster is going to ask you is "was this work performed by a licensed plumber" and thats when your face turns blue and you say "......er.....um.....yyyy.....nope" and then the guy smiles cause he knows he just saved his company (you know the one you send the check to every month) a crap load of money and successfully screwed you out of any financial help.

Comment

Working...
                    X