Pin Holes in PEX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pin Holes in PEX

Quest is a manufactor. Pex is the product. You'll sometimes see fitting marketed as "questpex". Another factor in premature failure is uv exposure. Ferguson's likes to store them in the yard here.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

i think that is the pex they have in the hd's around here not sure though. I have had good luck with watts and wirsbo personally and i like the watts a little bit more i like the idea of something solid making the joints rather than just the plastic ring

Comment

Hmm, interesting and kinda scary thread here. My son had his house pretty much re-plumbed today with Pex. I'm assuming it came from HD. The 3/4" was red and the 1/2" was blue. Rings were white. I questioned the guy why this and not copper, he said it's great stuff. I hope he's right.
        Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

....and so it begins....

Comment

Man am I going to do some investigations around my neck of the woods. Wow that could be some serious issues for a lot of homes around here. Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

Is H.D. the main supplier for Quest, Pex????

I think I can hear a bankruptcy soon (if this is really happening all over), or are they so large, it won't even phase them a bit???
            Last edited by garager; 05-18-2008, 12:47 AM.
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

From my understanding Quest has some serious issues.

I can tell you that we have had great success with Rehau in our industrial high purity applications. This includes Rehau pex and there fittings. We never mix fittings with Rehau.

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                This is the reason I am investing in pex tools, for all the repairs!!!

and maybe some small re-routes or something.

Yea, I agree with this

The only good part about pex is the repairs they continue to give us offer and over,

When I was younger all we did was pex rip out with copper installs

Comment

Working...
                X