X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen faucet losing pressure

After the kitchen faucet has been running for 30 sec., 1 min. etc. it will lose what seems like almost half of it's pressure. Any suggestions on what might be causing this. Does not happen on any other faucets in the house. Thank you.

Re: Kitchen faucet losing pressure

Would it have anything to do with timline of the hot water reaching the fixture.

Comment

It sounds like you may have a volume problem but we need to know more info.

What type of piping do you have?

How old is the house?

Is this related only to the kitchen faucet?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Clogged aerator.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by pestmanpeter View Post
          After the kitchen faucet has been running for 30 sec., 1 min. etc. it will lose what seems like almost half of it's pressure. Any suggestions on what might be causing this. Does not happen on any other faucets in the house. Thank you.
          Could be lots of things. Well pump? Could be short cycling due to waterlogged tank, etc. Seen some Moen kitchen faucets slowly close on their own. Also seen some Moen high arc spouts with poor output.

Could be a combination of a well pump (IF you have one) and the brand/type of kitchen faucet.

J.C.

Comment

If it's a glacier bay [ junk ] replace it with a real one!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

It's ALIEN'S,they're diverting the signal from our satelites to induce confussion and mayhem.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                It's ALIEN'S,they're diverting the signal from our satelites to induce confussion and mayhem.
                I dunno 'bout you, but I wear my foil beanie in the sanctity of my home....awaiting commands from the mothership....

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

Adam,

Don't you ever get tired of being right?
                  The Other Rick

Comment

Are you sure it doesn't happen at all you faucets? I would check at least 2 locations about 30 minuets after each other as it sounds like your pressure reducing valve might be wearing out. That is if you have one on you system? If not I will have to agree with drtyhands on this one.
                    ________
                    FERRARI 156 F1 SPECIFICATIONS
                    Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:01 PM.
                    Mike

Comment

See 24hours later and no response.I told you.Looks like they got another one.

I'll start checking the tabloids,do some deep research,see if I can find the most recent drop zone.

There may still be a chance for Opie.

Comment

Appreciate the help every one. Luckily it was not aliens. I took the faucet apart and there was a washer stuck in the high arc spout that I guess would get lodged and slow flow. Got it out works perfvect now. But i do think I saw some green men last night after my girlfriend made jello shots.

Comment

Working...
                        X