Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does size matter?

Hey guys!

Say I have a 10' run of 3/4" copper... then a reducer to go down to 1/2" for 10' and finally another run of 10' at 3/4" does it mean that the effective flow is the one equivalent to the smallest size pipe?

To all the people who have asnwered my questions in the past... ur just a fantastic bunch!

Re: does size matter?

Yes, that run is considered 1/2"
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I agree with gear junkie. Now the question is, why was it done like that?

Comment

why was it done like that? old house!! street (unknown size) to main (1") then 3/4" then 1/2" then 3/4 again to finally the faucets in 1/2" i guess i'll have to replace the 1/2" runners!

which brings me to pex... when you look at pex 1/2 or 3/4... it is the effective OUTSIDE size... not the inside so when you connect pex to copper 3/4... it is in fact reducing it! so why you pex apart tha tit's faster to install?

Comment

Originally posted by latexia707 View Post
          why was it done like that? old house!! street (unknown size) to main (1") then 3/4" then 1/2" then 3/4 again to finally the faucets in 1/2" i guess i'll have to replace the 1/2" runners!

which brings me to pex... when you look at pex 1/2 or 3/4... it is the effective OUTSIDE size... not the inside so when you connect pex to copper 3/4... it is in fact reducing it! so why you pex apart tha tit's faster to install?
          I feel so educated about PEX now. Except for the broken cajun typing.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
          X