X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's this for???

I took German when I was 7-12 years old. It was mandatory in school along with english.

My mom is fluent In German. She talks to her relatives in munchen all the time on german and not croatian. They forgot croatian

Comment

No, it's a Toe tester to see what the temperature of the water is before they enter the shower . I had a builder ask me to put one of these in his own house and I told him i didn't have a clue what the was talking about. What he described seems to be what is pictured here.
      ________
      TOYOTA FCHV
      Last edited by TOPDAWG; 02-24-2011, 06:02 PM.
      Mike

Comment

Toe tester? Ok. How high on the wall was it?

I like German beer.
        sigpic3:00, I mean 5:00, and work is done. Time to crack a cold one.

Comment

Originally posted by boillerman View Post
          Toe tester? Ok. How high on the wall was it?

I like German beer.
          I was trying to figure out if that was just an expression as it seemed high up on the wall to me too
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            An air-break is a separation between the bottom of a pipe and the flood rim of a fixture or receptor. The air-gap is the measurement of the gap (atmosphere) of the air-break.

Mark

Thanks, I knew the difference, I just had them backwards or reversed in my head
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

It looks like the escucheons are overlapping. Not a very good installation.

Maybe it's a little bitty spit bowl (like at the dentist)

Or put Mr. Bubble in the receptacle and let 'er rip. Lawrence Welk time.
              "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                it's part of this

colon cleaner
                I can't believe you put this up WestCoast. I just installed one of these in a spa. "The Angel of Water" is the trade name. A colon hydro therapy machine. Plumbing is good but it is not UL listed, it did not pass inspection with the inspector because it's not listed. My opinion of it was that is was a bit rinky dink.
                ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post
                  I can't believe you put this up WestCoast. I just installed one of these in a spa. "The Angel of Water" is the trade name. A colon hydro therapy machine. Plumbing is good but it is not UL listed, it did not pass inspection with the inspector because it's not listed. My opinion of it was that is was a bit rinky dink.
                  Hard, hard lesson there...I make sure an unfamiliar fixture has an approval code in my state before I agree to install it.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                    Hard, hard lesson there...I make sure an unfamiliar fixture has an approval code in my state before I agree to install it.
                    It wasn't a hard lesson at all. GC(idiot) supplied three appliances that were not ul listed so he has to get them inspected on the premises. HAHA on him for buying off the internet.
                    ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                      What hotel?
                      It wasn't a hotel. It was like a little guest house they spent a night in.
                      The elderly woman in the main house didn't speak any english so they
                      didn't bother asking. What's funny is I've asked a tour guide & several
                      online biz's that sell european bathroom fixtures & no one knows what
                      it is! My brother was stationed in Germany. I'll see if I can get in touch
                      w/him! Zane

Comment

Working...
                      X